5 line limit account, can't purchase xoom?

crspy

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
You have the maximum number of lines allowed on an account. To order additional service, please sign out of My Verizon and start shopping for new service.

This is the error I get when I try to order the XOOM. I have a family plan with 5 lines already and I'm looking to add a XOOM to the account but it won't let me order... How would I go about getting 20% off on data?

wg#AC

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
Ya online you cannot do a lot. I would suggest you call and go that rout. The good and bad is they will have to run your credit and unless you have stellar credit adding a line after 5 is very hard to do. So if the 20% discount is worth it for you then that is the only way you can do it. other wise you can go to the store and do it as a pre pay and then you will not need to add a line but also no 20% discount.

crspy

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
i'm trying to add it online. Darn the main account has 20% off data and thats the only reason I would get a data plan with the XOOM. I guess I'm waiting for a wifi version :(

Live2ride883

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
i'm trying to add it online. Darn the main account has 20% off data and thats the only reason I would get a data plan with the XOOM. I guess I'm waiting for a wifi version :(

Take 1 of the lines that doesn't use data off of your primary account. Create a sub account with that single line. This will free up room on your primary account for another date line and allow you to use the 20 percent discount on your data. You can do this thru manage my account online, or call customer service.

crspy

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
Take 1 of the lines that doesn't use data off of your primary account. Create a sub account with that single line. This will free up room on your primary account for another date line and allow you to use the 20 percent discount on your data. You can do this thru manage my account online, or call customer service.

Will that single line only cost $10 a month? or will it be on a different plan?

crspy

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
nevermind got it figured out verizon just told me to sign up for a new account and they will apply my employee discount on that account too

ARGH it's snowing, no xoom for me until next week :(