Thumb keyboard on the Xoom

azari

Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
Just installed thumb keyboard. Not sure if I like it yet. :D

I guess time will tell. Definitely seem to be able to type faster with this... I guess this for tablet entry, and the Bluetooth keyboard otherwise.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

rlyell

Mar 14, 2011
Visit site
Answer to my own question

I frequently need to use the Page Up/Down function and hard a difficult time finding a workaround. Now, I leave my Windows up and use the Thumb Keyboard on top so both are readily accessible. Ideally, having the Windows keys inside the Thumb Keyboard would be great.

anon(49433)

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
I actually found and have been using "Tablet keyboard free". It sounds to be about like this thumb KB y'all are talking about. I'll go do a trial download of that one and compare the two. But for those of you asking about where the ^ and other things are, in this Tablet version, it's shift-6 and the number keypad is across the top like a normal kb. Just a thought.

gravage

Mar 10, 2010
Visit site
Anyone else having an issue with autocapitalization on the Thumb keyboard? It is on in my settings, but it refuses to capitalize the first letter after periods.

TJH132

May 5, 2010
Visit site
Bought Thumb Keyboard straight away and love it!

Question: Is there any indication that it's multitouch? I'm doubtful because it seems to miss keystrokes during fast typing or when I drag from one key to an adjacent on.

Concern: Some lag with certain settings. I find 7" Gingerbread to be the most responsive.

TJH

2CupsWithString

passionately curious
Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
Bought Thumb Keyboard straight away and love it!

Question: Is there any indication that it's multitouch? I'm doubtful because it seems to miss keystrokes during fast typing or when I drag from one key to an adjacent on.

Concern: Some lag with certain settings. I find 7" Gingerbread to be the most responsive.

TJH

This is exactly my problem. It is not multi touch and would be even better if it were. I find myself slowing down to make sure my keystrokes were recorded. Maybe if we email the dev from the market link he/she will put it in an update for us.

2CupsWithString

passionately curious
Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
Another Q - how does one update the dictionary -- like spelling XOOM with a X instead of with a z?

Just long press it. When you type a word it will be on the far left of the suggested words, if you long press it there it will say it was saved and show up as a suggested word from now on.

Reactions: dhendriksen

dhendriksen

Android Addict
Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
This is exactly my problem. It is not multi touch and would be even better if it were. I find myself slowing down to make sure my keystrokes were recorded. Maybe if we email the dev from the market link he/she will put it in an update for us.

I emailed the developed about this. We all should.

dhendriksen

Android Addict
Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
I just got an email from the developer...that was fast. He said that multi touch will be in a future release. He didn't have an eta, but said "real real soon...like REALLY soon. I hope for the next update".

Sweet.

Appelflap

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
Thanks guys for liking this keyboard :)

Like Dan and Fred already mentioned I'm working on a Multi-touch version (and again some other new additions).

If there are suggestions, feature requests etc let me know.

Paul

Reactions: 2CupsWithString

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty