I'll be very happy when we get Flash 10.2

ArtVandelay

Dec 15, 2010
Visit site
Web pages are laggy and don't display right all the time. Ill be glad to get flash to smooth it all out.

Random thought for Friday. Hopefully will be here soon.

xxraffyxx

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
I too want flash..... but its just another thing the xoom will have to load and would probably make things just a bit more laggy.

PowerThroughLove

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
Im not personally convinced the Xoom is going to handle flash as well as Id hoped. Im sure its going to run, and run fine most of the time, but I dont think its going to be anywhere near desktop smoothness.

belogical

May 23, 2010
Visit site
Can you all provide some examples of the lag? This is one of the main reasons I wanted the xoom over the ipad 2, was desktop like web browsing. Doesn't sound like that is the case.

dwboston

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
Can you all provide some examples of the lag? This is one of the main reasons I wanted the xoom over the ipad 2, was desktop like web browsing. Doesn't sound like that is the case.

Over Wifi, I don't see any "lag" with webpages - the Xoom is lightning fast over Wifi. Over 3G, I notice some picture/graphically intensive sites load up more slowly.

doctorlove316

Retired Moderator
Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Can't wait for the Flash update too. Also not noticing lag. OS still a bit buggy but its early and that's how it goes. Patiently waiting for some updates to roll out.

Air Force One

Jan 7, 2010
Visit site
I've used the xoom with both 3g and wifi and no lag here and pages always display correctly. I can't wait for flash...its going to be awesome!

ArtVandelay

Dec 15, 2010
Visit site
I see lag in facebook and twitter mainly. But yes, it may be a honeycomb thing, not just browser.

I'm likin the xoom, just waiting for some kinks to get ironed out.

FaXuM

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
It seems that only the last 5 apps remain in memory. Once you open the 6th different thing the first isn't in the list and when I went to the settings to see what was currently running there would only be the last 5 things you had opened (not including system stuff).

On another note anyone know when we're getting flash? The wait is killing me!

EpicRavensFan

Nov 27, 2010
Visit site
I have'nt seen any lag, but I only use it on wifi and using my mytouch 4g to tether. As far as flash running smoothly, if the galaxy tab could handle it fairly decent, the xoom should blow through it. I used to go to plenty of flash sites on my tab and it worked fairly well. It wasn't like being on a desktop, but the flash loaded pretty quickly.

moosc

Grand Master Moosc
Oct 20, 2009
Visit site
don't get your hopes for desktop browsING. the xoom is still.classifyING its self as a mobile sight. so even with flash normal sights will not work. abc nbc fox tmz etc will not work because of they think your a mobile browser. u can trick it with debugging but that's a fifty fifty shot it will work

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

KoukiFC3S

Oct 9, 2009
Visit site
don't get your hopes for desktop browsING. the xoom is still.classifyING its self as a mobile sight. so even with flash normal sights will not work. abc nbc fox tmz etc will not work because of they think your a mobile browser. u can trick it with debugging but that's a fifty fifty shot it will work

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

1) you can use a different browser such as dolphin hd

2) most sites let you switch to the desktop view from the built in browser. Tried tmz and it has a link for desktop version.