Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I get the same error as the original poster:

Error 500: HTTP web server. Invalid post request exception.

This error appears when I try to log in to my company's Lotus Notes Webmail website. It works fine from my desktop PC, My HTC EVO (running Froyo), and from other co-workers android phones. As the original poster mentioned, it works also works with no problem for Ipad users.

I am not looking to jump ship by any means, because I am confident that a fix will soon surface. I am however surprised that something that worked well under Froyo (and I assume Gingerbread) does not work at all under Honeycomb. Unless of course it's something Motorola did on their Xoom that prevents this from working properly.

Quote Originally Posted by ock View Post
    OWA works great as well as most other webmails. Lotus Notes is a whole different animal though which is what the users in this thread that are having problems are using.

Sent from my HTC 10" Ice Cream Tablet tethered off my EVO 3D LTE using Tapatalk
    I have zero familiarity with Lotus Notes, but what sort of enterprise solution is it if it doesn't offer proper non-browser based ways of connecting?

edit: quick wiki shows
    Lotus Notes is commonly deployed as an end-user email client in larger organizations, with IBM claiming a cumulative 145 million[citation needed] licenses sold to date. (IBM does not release the number of licenses on current maintenance, nor does it track number of licenses in current use.)[citation needed]
    When an organization employs a Lotus Domino server, it usually also deploys the supplied Lotus Notes client for accessing the IBM supplied Lotus Notes application for email and calendaring but also to use document management and workflow applications. As Lotus Notes is a runtime environment, and the email and calendaring functions in Lotus Notes are simply an application provided by IBM the administrators are free to develop alternate email and calendaring applications. It is also possible to alter, amend or extend the IBM supplied email and calendaring application.
    The Domino server also supports POP3 and IMAP mail clients, and through an extension product (Domino Access for Microsoft Outlook) supports native access for Microsoft Outlook clients (now with limited support).[7]
    Lotus also provides iNotes (in Notes 6.5 renamed to "Domino Web Access" but in version 8.0 reverted back to iNotes), to allow the use of email and calendaring features through Internet Explorer and Firefox web browsers on Windows, Mac and Linux. There are several spam filtering programs available, and a rules engine allowing user-defined mail processing to be performed by the server.
    So isn't the solution as simple as figuring out what settings you need for IMAP/POP3 and using it instead?

Question
    You see the following error message on the Lotus Domino server console:

"07:59:51 AM Invalid POST Request Exception [/dir/database.nsf/...]"

What causes the error? The error can occur in a number of situations:
    When a Web user accesses a mail file and clicks the Send button after composing a message. The mail message is never sent.
    When data transmission from the Web browser to the Domino server is interrupted, for example, the user closes the Web browser or the Web browser crashes.
    When a Web user saves a document with a large file attachment, then clicks the Save button a second time during file transmission to the server
    When a Web Browser submits a request that exceeds the limits set within the Domino Server document.

Answer
    The Lotus Domino server reports this error due to the following conditions:
    If the POST request Content_Length exceeds the limits set in the Server document, as follows:
    - Server document -> Internet Protocols tab -> HTTP tab -> Maximum Size of request content field
    The default is 10,000 KB; to have no limit, you set 0 KB.
    - Server document -> Domino Web Engine tab -> Maximum POST data field
    The default is 10,000 KB; to have no limit, you set 0 KB.
    If the Content_Length, the number of bytes sent by the Web browser in the header of an HTTP request, differs from the length that the Domino server receives, the server returns this error because of the data truncation detected.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #29  

So isn't the solution as simple as figuring out what settings you need for IMAP/POP3 and using it instead?
    If it is that easy to set up pop access to a secure corporate lotus server I hope someone figures it out and posts here, please.

Who at Google or Motorola can be contacted about this? Do they have an official bug report for escalating issues of compatibility? Because as someone pointed out this is a glaring obstacle to this device being adoptable for corporate use.

eta We're using webmail because there's a webmail portal available to access our email accounts on secure corporate servers when we're not at our networked workstations. Its not by personal preference.

it is easy to setup access to a corporate secure server, all you need is the port number, webmail address and login/password.

if somoene can give me a url to a lotus webmail section I will see if I can get my xoom to work on it, I am pretty good at this stuff. I dont need passwords or login names, I am assuming that your not able to get to the webmail portal at all, unless the error occurs after you try to log in.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #31  

Quote Originally Posted by gizzyman View Post
    it is easy to setup access to a corporate secure server, all you need is the port number, webmail address and login/password.

if somoene can give me a url to a lotus webmail section I will see if I can get my xoom to work on it, I am pretty good at this stuff. I dont need passwords or login names, I am assuming that your not able to get to the webmail portal at all, unless the error occurs after you try to log in.
    I get to the portal just fine. The error occurs when I enter my login information.

ETA: A Motorola xoom level 2 tech is researching the issue with lotus webmail and said she'll call back tonight or tomorrow. I'll post when I learn something. In the meantime y'all can feel free to solve the problem
    Last edited by aragoncatherine; 03-23-2011 at 06:07 PM.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #32  

Motor level 2 tech support says: accessing lotus domino web mail 'is not supported on Zoom.' She referred me to look for 3rd party also in the market.

Those apps seem to all require that the server side be configured to accept them. The chances of me moving my giant corporation to set up a new application for our servers is... umm... less than zero. Pop access would also have to be enabled on the server side.

'Not supported' doesn't make sense though. There's just something goofy about the way the os is interacting with the login scripts, right? It just seems like some super smart good Samaritan should be able to figure it out and write some kind of work around. I hope someone takes this on!

try using Dolphin. I picked up a Xoom yesterday and tried to get to my corporate Lotus portal through the default browser, opera, firefox--nothing. As a final try I tried Dolphin HD and it pulled up no problem.

Were you using any if the dolphin plug-ins, like the one that makes the browser look like it's in desktop mode? I've tried it with dolphin and it won't work for me.

What version number is your dolphin?

Thanks

I just downloaded firefox and was able to log into our Notes web interface to install Traveler. I don't use the actual webmail itself but I tested and the page mostly loads in FF but I get an error as it tries to load the mail items.

Global Posts
    3 Global Posts

Default resolution

Get the Firefox browser. The latest version of the traveler software may also be required. I tried with 8.5.2.1 and it did not synch messages to the xoom.

I have 8.5.3 code drop 4 (beta) and it synched up immediately. It also prompts if you do not have a authorized SSL certificate.

Hope this helps.

I bought my xoom in large part to access my notes email for work. I cannot even access my mail via the web portal access, even more upsetting, I played with my daughters I pad and was able to access it directly. There must be a fix for this. Someone please help.

Global Posts
    2,343 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM7/MazWoz on Evo

Quote Originally Posted by docweaver View Post
    I bought my xoom in large part to access my notes email for work. I cannot even access my mail via the web portal access, even more upsetting, I played with my daughters I pad and was able to access it directly. There must be a fix for this. Someone please help.
    Was this with the stock browser?

If so try it with Dolphin HD browser and set the UserID to desktop.
    Need a Dropbox account? Use my referral: http://db.tt/kWXWhEB

Subscribed for I am having the same issue with my Outlook account. I am able to use Touchdown, but it would be really nice to have the stock e-mail/calendar functioning.

Quote Originally Posted by Complex Pants View Post
    Was this with the stock browser?

If so try it with Dolphin HD browser and set the UserID to desktop.
    Probably.
    I encountered the same problem on my new Acer Iconia A500 using the stock browser.

Switching text encoding between ISO 859-1 and UTF-8did not make any difference.

I got the same result with DolphinHD, however logging in to Lotus Domino webmail using Firefox does work (Domino 8.5.2 FP2).

Lotus Notes Traveler 8.5.2.2+ (FP2+) works, 8.5.2.1 installs but fails to sync.

Cheers.

Default Re: Webmail blocked from xoom?

It's now mid-Feb 2012 and I found my way to this thread b/c I started having problems with accessing Lotus Notes webmail from my Samsung Galaxy Nexus - Verizon - the weird thing is that is was working for several months just fine - then I installed Trend Micro Mobile Security and the problem started - I uninstalled TMMS, tried different browsers all to no avail - I don't know if my problems are related to the TMMS install or not. I tried switching UA to desktop - no go. I get the ERROR 500 message when I try to log on. I'm not a techie, but I'm kind of stubborn - I'd like to get to the bottom of this - my local IT support is not interested . . .

If there are any new dev on this issue, I'd love to hear.

Thanks,

-Jim

I have a Samsung Nexus S, browser 4.0.4. Was always able to get my Lotus Notes mail via the browser but it stopped working a few months ago. I can get to the login screen, but after login I get the 500 error. I just installed Android Firefox browser and I can get to my inbox. It isn't easy - I can't zoom - but better than nothing.

I don't have a xoom, but I do have two other android devices with very similar problems with both Lotus Traveler and the Domino webmail. I have a Razr Maxx phone running the stock Gingerbread OS and it has no problem with Traveler or webmail. A few weeks back I flashed a leaked ICS ROM and neither Traveler nor webmail worked. Traveler installed OK and allowed me to log into server, but would not sync messages or calendar or anything else. The webmail would fail with the 500 invalid post error when I tried logging in. After playing around with it for a few days I reverted back to Gingerbread and it all works.

I also have a Kindle Fire that was on CM7 Gingerbread ROM and it had no problems with Lotus webmail. I don't really use it for work and don't want to install Traveler on it, but it was handy being able to get to my work email if I needed to. Then I flashed an ICS ROM and webmail gets the 500 invalid post error when I log in just like the Razr when it was running ICS. Since the KF is primarily for reading books and news, I am sticking with ICS. But it's inconvenient not being able to get to work email.

So in my experience, going to ICS seems to be the thing that breaks webmail. The odd thing is that I'm using the same browser (Dolphin) both before ICS when it worked and after ICS. I have tried other browsers on my KF including Firefox and the stock browser, but none of them work. When I was on GB all browsers worked. What is there about ICS that can change the way data is posted to a web site? Or for that matter the way data is sent by the Traveler app? I wouldn't have thought that the OS version should come into play, and for what it's worth, I haven't seen any problems with any other web sites.

I'm really curious what's going on, especially since rumor has it that Moto/Verizon will start pushing ICS to Razr Maxx some time in the next month, and I fully expect to lose Lotus traveler since it only applies to Lotus app/web site and there are not that many users out there.

Any ideas or suggestions would be appreciated.

I have the Galaxy S3 and cannot log into mnotes (lotus notes) on it and I get the 500 POST error as well. The Firefox browser app got me to login but it was so unresponsive its not even worth it. Therfore......bump for more assistance.

This has been broken for a long time starting with Honeycomb (3.x.x).
    In a Lotus Domino forum hosted by IBM someone posted that, according to IBM, it was supposed to be fixed in Lotus Domino 8.5.3 FP3.
    Sadly this is not the case (I've tested using ICS-4.0.3 up to JB-4.2.2).
    Last edited by woonjas; 03-01-2013 at 05:24 AM.

ROM
    Gingerbread

I never had a problem reading lotus email with the zoom. I used the lotus notes app though. not the webmail. To use the webmail effectively use the Mobile mode. But the app is the best way. At my previous place if employment we used lotus and I was the one that tested the app for setup and implementation.

The only version I never tried it on was JB. It worked in Honeycomb and ICS with zero problems and across around a dozen different Android devices including the zoom. Get the app. You should find it in the app store using lotus notes in the search box.

See attachmentWebmail blocked from xoom?-uploadfromtaptalk1362145433568.jpg

Last one i used was lotus launcher 2.

Hope this helps.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12