Xoom WiFi - Gmail Delivery SLOW

kslagerman

Jan 27, 2011
Visit site
Anyone else having trouble or noticing that delivery of email through the Gmail app is delayed on their Xoom? I just picked up a WiFi only Xoom and this is my biggest and only real complaint so far.

Delivery to my Nexus One is almost instant, while the Xoom doesn't receive anything for at least 5-10 minutes 99% of the time. Occasionally it is pretty fast, but not very often. Manual inbox refresh works fine but who wants to do that?

I should note that these are Google Apps domain email addresses that are having trouble. Haven't tested a regular Google (@gmail.com) account yet.

Veteran android user here, so I'm pretty sure my settings are all correct.

legendary1022

Oct 12, 2010
Visit site
I can't speak of a non Gmail account as that is what I use. Usually my phone will get it roughly about 10 seconds before my zoom gets it. I have a regular zoom but use it as a wifi version anyways as I don't have data. Take that for what you will but I do notice a slight delay but its not bothersome and doesn't effect my work flow.

Sent from my Xoom

2CupsWithString

passionately curious
Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
I have a the vzw Xoom and the same 5 email addresses on my Evo & Xoom, they both vary but never any longer than 5 - 10 seconds. When they are next to each other one notification usually plays while the other one is still playing.

Drew2u

Feb 28, 2011
Visit site
I don't have delays as long as the OP, but I've noticed the Xoom gets the mail later then my OG Droid.

With my Xoom and OG Droid side by side at home on a wireless-N network, the Droid always alerts me about 1-2 seconds before the Xoom does. (There are no files attached, mind you ... I haven't had that situation yet.)