How do I exit an app?

jrhodes973

Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
I cannot figure out to exit an app without backing out using the "back" button. For instance, if I am using the Dolphin browser and view a series of webpages, then want to exit, I must repeatedly use the back button until I am out. There must be an easier way but I have not found it.

I was hoping there would be an exit [X] button like Windows has but I don't see one.

Please help! Thanks.

Holsum

Apr 14, 2010
Visit site
I cannot figure out to exit an app without backing out using the "back" button. For instance, if I am using the Dolphin browser and view a series of webpages, then want to exit, I must repeatedly use the back button until I am out. There must be an easier way but I have not found it.

I was hoping there would be an exit [X] button like Windows has but I don't see one.

Please help! Thanks.

Fortunately for you, this.isnt windows and you dont need to exit apps android handles them on its own. No need to exit apps just hit the home button.

Bigum1969

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
I find that my xoom really slows down when I have been opening apps for awhile. I usually have to reboot after a couple of hours to speed the system up.

jrhodes973

Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
Fortunately for you, this.isnt windows and you dont need to exit apps android handles them on its own. No need to exit apps just hit the home button.
Doesn't it use CPU time for the background apps, thereby slowing the Xoom and using more battery?

Thanks for the back button long press solution from several of you. Does that work for other apps too? I'll have to try it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa