Are you returning your Xoom for Tansformer?

Is your Xoom going back?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

inphoenix

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site
I bought a WiFi Xoom a week ago and now I see the details of Transformer. I will wait for more details on Transformer but I have thought about returning Xoom and getting a Transformer.

Just wanted to find out what other's think.

Suntan

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
I have an aging eeepc netbook that has served me well for a couple of years (which the Xoom is currently replacing.) Quality-wise it was nothing to get overly excited about, but it did the job and its speakers were average to above average for a laptop.

This new transformer does look mighty compelling and I?ve been giving the return of the xoom a lot of thought. I have until next Wednesday to do it and I likely will. Even if it means waiting a week or two to evaluate the transformer first hand when it comes out.

The IPS screen is somewhat compelling, even though the screen on the xoom is acceptable to me. The speakers on the xoom are loud, but they suffer from being rear firing. The transformers appear to be mounted on the edge and I am curious to know if that is an improvement or not.

Ultimately though, the laptop dock, with its associated boost in battery life, is the main compelling feature. Not only would it make the thing a brute for transcontinental travel, but it would increase the WAF a good deal.

-Suntan

zach_alt

Oct 10, 2009
Visit site
If it's exactly like the Xoom, only with a better screen and an awesome dock, I don't see why anyone would keep the Xoom. Also considering it's probably going to cost less.

Visual360

Dec 9, 2010
www.visual360photography.com
If it's exactly like the Xoom, only with a better screen and an awesome dock, I don't see why anyone would keep the Xoom. Also considering it's probably going to cost less.

^ This...

But if the built quality of the transformer sucks, then the xoom will stay. I'm actually getting used to the screen of the xoom, and hopefully a software fix can give a bit of a contrast on the xoom.

javelina11

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site
Keeping the Xoom. Happy with it. I'll wait another 12-18 months, before buying the next rev of the tablet. I can burn through this one for a while. everyone I show it to thinks its awesome.

zach_alt

Oct 10, 2009
Visit site
^ This...

But if the built quality of the transformer sucks, then the xoom will stay. I'm actually getting used to the screen of the xoom, and hopefully a software fix can give a bit of a contrast on the xoom.

The problem isn't really the contrast it's that the screen is really just kind of ****ty. Who knows what Moto was thinking when they didn't go with IPS.

cparker5

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
There will always be a better one coming out. That is until it comes out and you see it flaws, then there will be a better one coming out again.

Reactions: Arun01

Complex Pants

Dec 15, 2009
Visit site
Asus makes great products, but I would prefer to have a pure version of Honeycomb. As it has its fair share of the most bugs, I think faster updates are more valuable than keyboard.

Suntan

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
Their "waveshare" thing looks to just be a custom "launcher" as in an app.

I am hoping so. Their main page on the unit even sorts it as an "included app" along with their spreadsheet apps and the like.

Although we won't know for sure until sites get their hands on some and tell us what is what.

-Suntan

EvoXOhio

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
If the Asus is really $400 for the 16GB version, you'd be crazy not to return it. I can get the Asus for $400 plus $20 for a 16GB microSD card. So for $420 I have the exact same screen size, processor, storage, and RAM as the XOOM but for $180 less. Not to mention the ASUS has an IPS screen which should be much nicer. Then there's the dock which is just gravy, as long as they don't give it an insane price like Motorola did with the Atrix.

I've had my Xoom for 10 days and I love it, but I am taking it back and getting the Asus for sure.

erzhik

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
I'm keeping mine. There really is no point in chasing technology. If you keep on returning tablets, that means you don't really need a tablet. Now it's Transformer, than its Samsung 10.1, after that it will be HTC probably. Point is, you will never catch up.

I am keeping mine until Xoom 2 comes out.

siscim23

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
Keeping the Xoom. Happy with it. I'll wait another 12-18 months, before buying the next rev of the tablet. I can burn through this one for a while. everyone I show it to thinks its awesome.

I was thinking the same thing, about upgrading in a year or so to the next tablet, then I realized it's not an iPad. Only with Apple products does your hardware fall behind software. Look at recent Android phones... the ones that just got the upgrade to Froyo now perform better than they did.

acozzens

Apr 4, 2011
www.booyagadget.com
I'm going to wait, and get a transformer 2, actually.
I'm going to wait, and then get a transformer 3 turbo ultra
:)

We can never keep up. Find a device that fits your needs ! This Xoom is great, all these tablets are great. What I have now will not be "cool" in 12 months. But I love it.

jpprice

Jun 30, 2010
Visit site
I will be staying right where I am with the Xoom. There will always be something better/different right around the corner so unless you have money to burn just because you can we have to settle for something.

Mkiller82

Dec 19, 2010
Visit site
While I do enjoy the last 5 days I have had my XOOM, It's going back. I am gonna wait for the Transformer. I have a 3 year old ASUS laptop. I love the thing. The build quality is great. Hasnt fallen apart on me yet.
Back to the Transformer, I like the keyboard dock and it's extra battery and two full USB 2.0 ports but the major thing for me is the bootloader and rooting. I have to root my tablet since the SonicWall NetExternder VPN app needs root to work. If I cantroot, I will take it back and get the XOOM again.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty