Xoom "Pen"

ggrech

Dec 17, 2010
Visit site
Just bought my Motorola Xoom and love it!

Does anyone know of a stylus or a pen and an application that you could use to write down notes on the Xoom instead of a note pad?

farwest

Feb 26, 2011
Visit site
Don't think Xoom supports pens. You might want to check out the upcoming HTC Flyer Tablet with their very slick Scribe technology - great tablet for students imo

I'd have killed to have such a device when I was stuck furiously trying to take notes and follow the professor in some of my technical classes - half the time my notes were unintelligible as they were often incomplete/vague - the ability to take notes while recording audio (and video) and have it syncronized would have been a godsend and saved a ton of angst/time. That said, won't be released with Honeycomb to start, but hardly a deal killer.

2CupsWithString

passionately curious
Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
The capacitive touch screen requires a decent size impression to register a touch so something as narrow as a pen doesn't really work.

It would be nice though...

grncherry1

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
Just bought my Motorola Xoom and love it!

Does anyone know of a stylus or a pen and an application that you could use to write down notes on the Xoom instead of a note pad?

I have been using a Targus stylus from BestBuy for a month now and it is working fairly well for me. You may want to take your Xoom there and try one out.

sheplerhouse

Nov 4, 2010
Visit site
I just bought the Griffen Pen from Verizon that is really advertized as an I pad tool but this thing is great. After using it I am wondering how I ever lived without it.

Kansas

Jul 22, 2010
Visit site
The capacitive touch screen requires a decent size impression to register a touch so something as narrow as a pen doesn't really work.

It would be nice though...

The Xoom uses Atmel's highest end touch screen controller, the Maxtouch mXT1386. This chipset is intended for screens up to 15.6". Motorola could have used the next step down, the mXT616 which supports 10.1" but thankfully they over designed the hell out of it. If there is any limitations it would be in the software or for some strange reason Motorola decided to use a courser grid then the mXT1386 can support. All of the Maxtouch chips are designed for conductive stylus so you should be able to use those on even the mXT224 found in just about every high end smartphone now. So there should be no problem using a conductive stylus and you should have a good amount of precision considering it's designed for a screen 50% larger.

freeky1

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
The Alupen works awesome and is nice and heavy. I am very impressed. No more fingerprints!

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

acozzens

Apr 4, 2011
www.booyagadget.com
I have a capcitive stylus, and I love it.
there are many good "drawing" apps, but I wouldn't use it dedicated to write.

I use this $16 from AETech:
Xoom iPad Must Have Accessories STYLUS! - a set on Flickr

In the Palm with the ACase Capacitive Stylus by BooyaGadget, on Flickr

Play Games with your Stylus Accessory on Xoom iPad by BooyaGadget, on Flickr

I LOVE my stylus, I am a 100% stylus snob... Cleaner screen Big time !
More accurate useage on standard app and game useage...
stylus review
a wonderful drawing app is paint joy pro

unfortunately, I just don't use it for handwriting. typing and VOICE is far more effective in my opinion.

let me just reiterate. the stylus is a game changer. I feel dirty, and ashamed when I don't use it. I've turned several friends onto it. 'capacitive' is the magic word as your Xoom has the reciprocal capacitive screen. LOVE IT!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty