Xoom having wifi connection issues

afolgueira

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
Hello,
Issue: Xoom disconnect from wifi network regulary.

At first I thought that the problem was my WIFI network, but my two laptops easily connect the the network and the connection is really fast. The xoom is next to the laptop and it loses the connection all the time. This is getting annoying.

Any idea how to fix this or if this is a known issue??

Thanks

Aliex.

rmmorse81

Apr 12, 2010
Visit site
Try logging into your router page and change the channel frequency from auto to like 11. I use to have wifi issues like yours and that fixed it for me.

Should be under wifi settings or wan settings in the router page

acozzens

Apr 4, 2011
www.booyagadget.com
Great tips so far. If you want to do it scientifically then give "WIFI ANALYZER" a shot. I used the hell out of that app when I installed 2 access points in my house.

It also has a built in "Best Channel" feature.
Another fun feature is that it can scan as you walk around your house and BEEP, BEEP Signal strength. It works. To be honest, it was a lot like the ecto-plasm-meter thingy in Ghostbusters so that made it a lot of fun if you're in your 30's and remember Ghostbusters well like I do. "That's a Big Twinkie" Winstons Edimore, 1984, black ghostbuster.

Try Wifi Analyzer. ( freebie )

Good Android Xoom Utility Apps wifi analyzer by BooyaGadget, on Flickr

Last edited:

Liberati0n

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
Maybe you should actually elaborate if the laptop loses connection at the same time...

Routers some times seem to be touchy to certain services... a game called Navyfield crashes my router all the time.

realitydigg

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
I had trouble with my 5Ghz network yesterday connect disconnect repeat was the loop it got into. I rebooted everything and finally went back to 2.4 that solved it It had been working fine at 5Ghz before that, but i just dont have time to trouble shoot this

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mehammed