Just got my Xoom recently are updates coming soon?

STEMALO

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
except for Flash, nothing.
But we are all hoping that something will appear when Google IO starts in a couple of days.

Vudumedic

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
Wouldn't we all love to know just that. The last little bit I was able to glean from talking with Motorola is that it is quite possible we won't see an update until they are ready to go forward with the 4g installation. Keep in my though I had been speaking with that particular rep for about 20 minutes and I was pushing all the buttons trying to get some answer from him when he let slip that SD card enabling and all other current issues would be addressed when the lte radio was installed. When I asked him to confirm that the next update wouldn't be until late summer when 4g support was added pointing out that was what head just said he hung up on me. So take it for what it is another unconfirmed rumor, but personally I am expecting nothing until they start calling for 4g installation.

CSI Guy

Feb 25, 2009
Visit site
Ok do you think that we could get a update if we dont want to send the Xoom to get the 4g? 4G wont be in my area for a while and so I hate to be without my Xoom until 4G is in most places but I want to still update the machine anyway.

barkomatic

Oct 28, 2009
Visit site
No one knows for sure yet, but don't count on any updates soon. If the Xoom doesn't function the way you need it to now -- its best to take it back and wait and see.

jnewell

Sep 13, 2010
Visit site
They'll have to do the update for the card slot as a combination of OTA and web-based download, I think. There are a lot of WiFi Xooms out there that will need the same update for the card slot.