Xoom Crashes wireless router

djkleric

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I just received the 3.1 update on my wifi xoom and now it crashes my router. It will connect for a second then it searches again causing it to crash. I had no problems before the update. Any Idea why this might have happened?

the router is an oldie. Dlink di-624
the dhcp ip is set from 100-199 and assigns a new ip every time.

tylerdrew

Apr 22, 2011
Visit site
I should say however that it doesn't crash my router, I have two other computers connected and they don't lose connection. The xoom however, gets an IP, then immediately drops it then scans for another, then drops, over and over again.

tylerdrew

Apr 22, 2011
Visit site
Sorry for multiple posts, but after rebooting both the xoom and my netgear router, the problem has resolved its self. Hope you get your issue figured out.

LMO

Oct 12, 2010
Visit site
I had this problem too! It seems intermittent though. WiFi was flakey right after the 3.1 update. I finally got it to stay connected, then today it did the "Searching" thing again. And our Linksys router also locked up... other computers in the house could not connect. So after resetting the Linksys all's fine now. But I am wondering how long til this happens again though... and what in the world causes it! ?

qnet

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
I never had my router crash but, the Xoom did have trouble connecting to it, however; once I restarted the Xoom, it works fine now.

buurin

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
I've never had this problem on my Linksys WRT54g.

What about getting the latest firmware update for your router?

djkleric

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site

Yeah i would have done that but Dlink no longer supports it due to it being so old. I had a Linksys wrt350n sitting in the closet and just remembered that I even had it. All is good now!

LMO

Oct 12, 2010
Visit site

We have the same router... is it still being supported w/ updates? I will have to find the link to them. You may be right about it needing an update (but then again, that would not explain why those w/ other routers are having issues as well) :/

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress