Nexus 10 Unroot Problem

vito2772

Oct 26, 2013
Visit site
I am using Nexus Root kit to unroot my device. However I totaly forgot that I rooted it and tried to update to 4.4 kitkat. I got the error and when I try to boot up, it says no command. THere is no way past that screen. So in the toolkit i flash stocked and unrooted the device, but then i have to relock it. But to do so I need usb debugging enabled which is impossible to do without being able to boot up device. Now when I boot it up it has the android figure laying down with red triangle saying nothing. What do I do?

Transtang z28

Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
Hey Vito, im not familiar with the kit you are using since i still have a stock N10. Since no one is answering you here you may want to head over to the XDA forums and post your question in the N10 section there. The image you are seeing is indicating the stock recovery. You can press the power button plus volume up, i believe, to access its options but i dont even remember what they are. I wonder if you may need to ADB sideload a factory image. Try XDA. Sorry i cant help more.

Google Nexus 10 - xda-developers

paintdrinkingpete

Dec 12, 2009
Visit site

vito2772

Oct 26, 2013
Visit site
See these instructions on flashing a factory image, which you should be able to do as long as you can get to the bootloader screen. (I think this is done by holding both VOL- and VOL+ at the same time while also pressing power button to turn on tablet).

Android 4.4 KitKat Factory Images And Binaries Are Up For Nexus 4, All Variants Of Nexus 7 (2012 And 2013), And Nexus 10 [Flashing Instructions]

(Don't mess around with the "-w" option...for your situation you definitely need to wipe)
That doesn't contain a download for the Nexus 10. Should I use the Nexus 7 4.4?
Also I'm not completely understanding the instructions to get back to the stock device. Can you explain them a little better?

paintdrinkingpete

Dec 12, 2009
Visit site
That doesn't contain a download for the Nexus 10. Should I use the Nexus 7 4.4?
Also I'm not completely understanding the instructions to get back to the stock device. Can you explain them a little better?

DO NOT use the image for Nexus 7! The image for for Nexus 10 is right there on the same page.
https://developers.google.com/android/nexus/images

You will need to do this first if you haven't already -- Here's a pretty decent tutorial on getting the Android SDK setup on your computer:
How To Set Up Android ADB & Fastboot On Windows [Tutorial] | Redmond Pie

Once you've done that, it's time to flash the image. I think the instructions on the earlier link were pretty spot on, but here is an even more simplified version (source):

Procedure

As we mentioned earlier, installing a factory image will completely wipe everything from your device, including its internal storage contents, so make sure to backup everything you need to your computer or the cloud before proceeding.
  1. Download the appropriate factory image and extract the contents of the downloaded .tgz archive. If the extracted file is itself a .tar file, extract its contents again and you?ll get a folder.
  2. Put your device into bootloader mode by powering it off, pressing and holding both volume up and volume down buttons, and powering it back on using the power button.
  3. Connect your device to your computer via USB
  4. From the folder containing the extracted files, run the flash-all.bat file by double-clicking it. If you are on Linux or Mac, run the flash-all.sh script from a Terminal window using ./flash-all.sh
  5. Let the installation process run, making sure not to disconnect the device from your computer or interrupt the process before it finishes.
  6. That?s all there is to it ? your device should now be running Android 4.4 KitKat. Enjoy!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non