My nexus 10 starts ok but doesnt stay on...just shuts down...help.

Jerry Runnels

Dec 11, 2013
Visit site
My Nexus 10 has worked fine for the past couple of years. Suddenly, however, when i start it it goes through the normal bootup , shows the ANDROID LOGO, and then goes into a routing of "optimizing" of 159 apps i have loaded on it. When it completes the optimizing instead of opening up to my apps screen, it simply shuts down. I can start it again and it goes through the same routine and again shuts down. I made sure it is fully charged and tried it again with the same result. I dont know how to get it to open up to my apps etc so i can use it, or repair/change what is causing this new interim opening step.
If i cant "fix" this should i reset it? If so how do i do that?
Thanks for any help on this problem.:D

Jerry Runnels

Dec 11, 2013
Visit site
Thank you for the suggestion. I think it was overloaded with apps and the battery charge was less than i thought. Anyway i did an App purge, recharged the battery and it is working fine now like it has in the past.

Jerry Runnels

Dec 11, 2013
Visit site
I finally decided to replace my battery on my Nexus 10 ...just finished the installation and it boots up fine,but dont seem to be able to open any programs. I have restarted it several times but the touchscreen doesnt seem to be working. I just restarted it and the old message i have had in the past...ANDROID IS STARTING...optimizing my apps....which takes a long time and i dont know what it means or why it does that.
I am going to try to do a hard reset to start fresh...not sure what else to do...the tablet seems to be working fine....i didnt disconnect anything but the battery cables, screws etc.

Any help appreciated.
:(:(:(

Jerry Runnels

Dec 11, 2013
Visit site
My Nexus 10 just finished optimizing the apps and completed booting up....but i cant open any programs with the touch screen even though it appears to be working fine in all other respects.,Any idea what would cause the touch screen not to function?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress