What Marketing BS is this?

peejay1977

Mar 26, 2010
Visit site
To conclude this story, Google wanted a brittle back glass to sale more bumpers as well as (since glass is never warranted) sale a new phone to you or replacement part.

I'm sorry but thats the biggest load of nonsense I have heard. You'd have to try pretty hard to damage even toughened glass unless you throw your phone around alot so I fail to see how or why Google (or LG) would specifically engineer a phone to break unless you buy an extra part. And from what I've heard the bumper actually scratched the edges of the phone, just like the case for my current iPhone 4S does.

I've seen people drop glass covered phones (not always Gorilla glass) and there hasn't been a mark on them.

You are entitled to your opinion of course but to think a company would do that intentionally is a bit silly, in my opinion. Noone's compelling you to buy the bumper, there are probably lot's of other cases that will become available so you do not have to buy Google's bumper, so again I doubt they did it to force people to buy their bumper.

Phones are alot more fragile than older ones, NONE of them are made as solid as they once were. It's the risk you take with new age electronics.

zer0vette

Oct 25, 2011
Visit site
bologna.. iphones, flip phones, rotary phones.... they all break when they are dropped. This phone is no different. The case is a nice optional add-on.

Last edited:

ryanr509

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
I've seen people drop glass covered phones (not always Gorilla glass) and there hasn't been a mark on them.

Hmm, you don't see many of those do you, I have watched video where the reviewer of the Nexus 4 cracks back from a slight fall from a table and ended up cracked, so be careful, not all glass is apparently made the same and the word is...is this is weak glass on the back you are dealing with on the Nexus 4.

I've seen ppl drop glass phones from less than a foot and it shattered in a million pieces so what? I've seen ppl drop the same phone from 3 feet and barely a scratch. Really its luck of the draw on how the phone lands. I swear ppl will find any reason or way to come up with company's/government has a big conspiracy on something. Maybe they do maybe they dont but don't bring your personal opinion with pretty much 0 proof and try make it into a big deal

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Android Central Forums

ryanr509

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
I'm pretty sure 99% of things that are made costs a lot less than what they are sold for. That's kinda how it works

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Android Central Forums

Rbower

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Not sure about the conspiracy theory, but I would be interested in a replacement back made of something other than glass.

swebb

Dec 17, 2009
Visit site
I have the bumper and it does raise the phone above the glass on both sides. The front is very slightly less raised than the back but it is more then enough to keep the glass off the surface. All accessories are overpriced unless you buy from ebay or Amazon. I have paid about the same for other cases and been disappointed. My only improvement to this would be softer rubber to help gripping the phone. But this is a very attractive well fitting case that complements the phone well.

doug9000

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Bumpers are sold out, maybe they should be $30.00 or $40.00 so they would have some in stock and I could get one. :) Demand exceeds supply obviously price is too low.