BlackBerry Premium Micro-USB 1.8A Charger

vietalogy

Jan 27, 2011
Visit site
Just ordered this charger because of longer cord and 1.8 amp output. Was wondering anyone else try this charger?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

minnemike

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
I've read some reports that having more amps than the standard 1amp charger could have adverse affects on your battery. Although, you will see much faster charge times. I still haven't confirmed that with any reliable source though. :confused:

vietalogy

Jan 27, 2011
Visit site
Stock LG charger is 1.2 amps. I've also been using 2.1a car charger for my iPhone 5 and didn't notice anything.

jonnie_r

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
The amperage is the maximum output of the charger available to a device or devices. If the nexus 4 only uses 1A to charge then it won't magically use more, just means that you'll be further away from the maximum ability of the charging device.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

vietalogy

Jan 27, 2011
Visit site
The amperage is the maximum output of the charger available to a device or devices. If the nexus 4 only uses 1A to charge then it won't magically use more, just means that you'll be further away from the maximum ability of the charging device.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

Makes since.

FoneFill

Jan 13, 2013
Visit site
A lithium-ion battery is spec'd to have a certain number of charge/discharge cycles, based upon the charging current. Higher currents have the effect of reducing battery life. Having a weaker charger limits the current, and how fast the battery can charge, therefore extending the life of the battery at the expense of longer charging times.

For example, some of the Motorola phones come with 800mA chargers, but will consume up to 1.6A with an aftermarket charger. On the other hand, a Blackberry tour may only draw 1.1A. As JONNIE_R mentioned, having more power available won't result in greater currents utilized by the phone.

-Charles
FoneFill Restaurant Phone Chargers

minnemike

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
A lithium-ion battery is spec'd to have a certain number of charge/discharge cycles, based upon the charging current. Higher currents have the effect of reducing battery life. Having a weaker charger limits the current, and how fast the battery can charge, therefore extending the life of the battery at the expense of longer charging times.

For example, some of the Motorola phones come with 800mA chargers, but will consume up to 1.6A with an aftermarket charger. On the other hand, a Blackberry tour may only draw 1.1A. As JONNIE_R mentioned, having more power available won't result in greater currents utilized by the phone.

-Charles
FoneFill Restaurant Phone Chargers

So waht is the verdict on the N4? DOes it utilize a high amp charger while sacrificing battery life?

vietalogy

Jan 27, 2011
Visit site
I've read that some nexus 4 shipped with stock 2.0a chargers so I think this charger might be fine.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tudi23