1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Red tint

This morning i suddenly get a red tint on part of my screen right above where the buttons are....Red tint-screenshot_2014-01-29-07-13-40.jpg

It's not hardware, it's fine on the boot screens.

Any ideas?

TIA

Default Re: Red tint

It appears to be an app that you've allowed to draw over your screen, because the navigation bar is totally unaffected. If it was hardware, it would have the red in lockscreens, and your nav bar would also be red.

I'm suspecting it's an app like this:

It layers a red/orange overdraw on the screen making it easier on the eyes when in a dark room (eg late at night) and easier to fall asleep. Carefully go through your apps and check the permissions on each one. Check what each one does. If one of them has been given permission to draw over the screen delete it for now. Once you've figured out which app it is and deleted it, reboot the phone and double check it.
    "I can only see half of what's going on
    But i'm alright
    'Cause I can still smile"

Wide Mouth Mason - Smile
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Thanks, it was Lux. I uninstalled it and things appear well now.

Hello! I just got my moto g about an hour ago and am noticing the same issue but less pronounced.

Its not over all the screen it mostly is found on the borders of the screen but is not consistent. It doesn't show up on the boot screens and appears in some pictures only I.e screenshots or images while web browsing.

Another curious thing is that it mostly affects darker colors., black almost always being the worst offender.
    I have no downloaded apps on the phone, I recieved it, downloaded an update,proceeded to download apps and such but afterwards gave it a factory reset to see if it still appeared and it did.

Hopefully I can get some help!
    Thanks in advance!