Peter Brown1

Feb 23, 2013
Visit site
This morning i suddenly get a red tint on part of my screen right above where the buttons are....Screenshot_2014-01-29-07-13-40.jpg

It's not hardware, it's fine on the boot screens.

Any ideas?

TIA

dancing-bass

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
It appears to be an app that you've allowed to draw over your screen, because the navigation bar is totally unaffected. If it was hardware, it would have the red in lockscreens, and your nav bar would also be red.

I'm suspecting it's an app like this:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.urbandroid.lux&hl=en

It layers a red/orange overdraw on the screen making it easier on the eyes when in a dark room (eg late at night) and easier to fall asleep. Carefully go through your apps and check the permissions on each one. Check what each one does. If one of them has been given permission to draw over the screen delete it for now. Once you've figured out which app it is and deleted it, reboot the phone and double check it.

ElPancho33

Aug 15, 2012
Visit site
Hello! I just got my moto g about an hour ago and am noticing the same issue but less pronounced.

Its not over all the screen it mostly is found on the borders of the screen but is not consistent. It doesn't show up on the boot screens and appears in some pictures only I.e screenshots or images while web browsing.

Another curious thing is that it mostly affects darker colors., black almost always being the worst offender.
I have no downloaded apps on the phone, I recieved it, downloaded an update,proceeded to download apps and such but afterwards gave it a factory reset to see if it still appeared and it did.

Hopefully I can get some help!
Thanks in advance!

JJ0001

May 17, 2014
Visit site
I see you have lux installed on your phone (the little icon in the upper LH corner). It has a setting for observatory mode (looks like 3 stars). Ill bet my life that you touched this on accident. It is on your pull down screen. Touch it a second time and it will reset back to normal.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kara4151