Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112
Like Tree91Likes

Default Re: [GUIDE] Nexus 4 - Factory Image Restore

Everything worked like you saide phone still stuck at boot screen which is a bit of improvement because I was getting nothing at all also my phone doesn't come on unless I plug it into the wall charger...sup with that

nvm I the phone's not charged and the loading screen just needed a min thanks guy

Life-saving post...thanks so much. One thing I had to do was split this command:

fastboot w update image-occam-jwr66v.zip

Into 2 commands:

1) fastboot w
    2) fastboot update image-occam-jwr66v.zip

other than that, this all worked perfectly!

Where did you find image-occam-jwr66v.zip? All the files from Google are .tar files and the Nexus 4.3 is occam-jwr66y-factory-74b1deab.tar. My Nexus 4 got updated to 4.4 today and lost my hotspot tether from T-Mobile. trying to get back to 4.3, but there is only 1 factory file in the tar, but Google mention it should have a ./flash-all.sh script, which handles the various operations, installs the necessary bootloader, baseband firmware(s), and operating system. Note that this operation deletes all user data by default.
    The Google factory file page states phone has to have bootloader unlocked using fastboot mode and tar file uncompressed, which I did, but this error when trying to update: Whoops: didn't find expected signature, read_central_director _entry failed. error: failed to access zipdata in 'bunch of garbage characters'.

Any ideas on how to update or fix this?

Thanks!
    Last edited by fish411; 11-27-2013 at 10:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by fish411 View Post
    snip...
    Extract it from the .tar file, using 7zip, then I believe there's a zip file that needs extraction. If it still doesn't work you may have a corrupt download try rr downloading the file.

Posted via Android Central App

That's not it. The MD5 confirmed correct checksum. I downloaded several times with same result; just 1 file with no extension on it when uncompressed. Has anyone tried the downloading new factory files just recently posted from google to see if you get what I'm getting? I don't know what "rr downloading the file" means?

Update: I'd just ended up Rooting phone and used SQLite Editor, but still like to know why new factory files after uncompressing have no extension (at least the one's I'd downloaded).
    Last edited by fish411; 11-28-2013 at 10:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by fish411 View Post
    That's not it. The MD5 confirmed correct checksum. I downloaded several times with same result; just 1 file with no extension on it when uncompressed. Has anyone tried the downloading new factory files just recently posted from google to see if you get what I'm getting? I don't know what "rr downloading the file" means?

Update: I'd just ended up Rooting phone and used SQLite Editor, but still like to know why new factory files after uncompressing have no extension (at least the one's I'd downloaded).
    Make sure you're getting them from here

I suspect the program you're using to uncompress is causing the problem. I uncompressed these on a Linux system and they had subfolders and script files.
    Sent by accident, not using the Android Central app
    Nexus 4 (Mako), Amaze 4G on T-Mobile. Nexus 7 16GB. Google Chromebook (2012 Samsung 16gb). Next stop, a Google flush toilet.
    Did I solve your problem? Hit the Thanks button. Was I just a nuisance? Sorry, can't bat .400 every day.

Quote Originally Posted by ChromeJob View Post
    Make sure you're getting them from here

I suspect the program you're using to uncompress is causing the problem. I uncompressed these on a Linux system and they had subfolders and script files.
    That is the one I'd downloaded and use 7-zip to uncompress it.
    Update: I'd to add the zip extension after uncompressing file, then unzip again.
    Last edited by fish411; 12-13-2013 at 07:28 AM.

hi i am new here i tried to use this method but i had an error.
    everything works fine but i cannot flash the system.img and heres the error
    error: failed to load 'image-occam-jwr66v.zip': Cannot allocate memory.

can anyone help me with this? thanks in advance.

Global Posts
    9 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mjsnexus View Post
    hi i am new here i tried to use this method but i had an error.
    everything works fine but i cannot flash the system.img and heres the error
    error: failed to load 'image-occam-jwr66v.zip': Cannot allocate memory.

can anyone help me with this? thanks in advance.
    Tried unzip it and flash it individually.

It is the FAQ but with different error...
    Q. I got an error saying "FAILED (remote: (BadParameter))"
    A. Your computer did not like flashing the last file, the big .zip containing the various parts of your system (specifically the boot, system, recovery, and userdata sections). Unzip that file, and make sure to move the extracted files once again to the same directory as your fastboot file. Now you are going to flash each of them one at a time, as in:
    Code:
    fastboot flash boot boot.img
    fastboot flash system system.img
    fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
    fastboot flash userdata userdata.img
    Please be sure to only enter these lines one at a time and let each one finish before entering the next. When done reboot.

Default Bootloader Won't Unlock Nexus 7 2012

Hello, I have a 2012 Nexus 7. It was never rooted or unlocked and ran very stable with 4.3 on it. After the 4.4 OTA I started having all kinds of problems. Bootloop, Battery Drain etc. I waited and received 4.4.2. My device is very unstable now. I can't do a Factory Reset, the tablet just boots back up with all my data and apps there. If I uninstall data after a reboot it's all back the same and all apps update again from PlayStore. This has been happening for a couple weeks.

I called Google and since my device won't do a Factory reset they said my only option was ASUS that wants more than the tablet is worth to repair it.

I have followed all of your advice and my Bootloader will not unlock. I am able to to see my device and it's recognized but when I do an oem unlock I get to the screen for Yes No option and it's either gets stuck on the screen with unlocking device... in upper left hand corner or it will just reboot and will not unlock.

Would anyone have any options for me to try to get my bootloader unlocked? I've tried two tool kits on top of manual. WugFresh 1.8 and SkipSoft and neither of their toolkits will unlock the device either.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

which mac that works? because I'm using macbook pro 10.9.1. Snow Leopard (Mavericks Updates)
    i follows instruction but then when i write
    ./adb-mac devices

list of attach pops up without no list of numbers. I understand i missed the drivers but I'm not sure if it can be the mac or USB port.
    To be honest, it could be my phone (which ofc mac user needs to plug usb on the back but im on macbook pro laptop). I don't know if that were the dead end because I don't own iMac or other else. I only have Macbook Pro.

I don't know if I did it too late or something? When i root some ROM because I thought it works fine until I found out I'm stuck at Google Logo. I started to go back to recovery mode without searching for help. I erased EVERYTHING before I started to realized & searched through threads to see if anyone knows how to unbrick the phone. Until I start following instructions, that's where i stop & saw saying list of attach. I see no numbers. I realized something but I don't know if the USB Debugging went disable after what happen that I deleted the whole data, system, cache, etc.

please help if it really a dead end, I guess It's a goodbye nexus 4 for me.
    RPY

thanks for your help guys!!
    it works like a chaarm, very useful guide

I have the same issue, don't know what to do, stuck on the Nexus X...
    adb doesn't recognize the device, anyone

Thanks dude, you just save me

[GUIDE] Nexus 4 - Factory Image Restore-wp_20140216_23_40_51_pro.jpg
    Hey guys, I'm in a need for help with my currently bricked Nexus 4.
    I followed the process of restoring the unit both via command prompt (windows) & Wug's toolkit. In both cases the process completed successfully but the end result is the same in which it gets stuck on the X splashscreen / different animation (depends on the image I tried uploading). I tried disconnecting the cable at the end, as well as clearing the cache.
    When in the fastboot mode I get a different serial number than what's on the box & it has no IMEI.
    Any suggestions? Thanx

I've got same problem as lionking1970, boot loop started yesterday. I've tried all the solutions in this thread and still stuck on the 4 circles boot screen.

Is it okay if my Bootloader IMG. File is taking long? Ive seen videos where it goes by like in 10 seconds and ive been letting it Send the bootloader for about 5 minutes now and still nothing Help :c

new to android central i want to update my nexus 4 to 4.4.2 manually my bootloader is ulocked nd im currently on 4.3 jelly bean nexus 4 so i have downloaded the 4.4.2 file from goggles factory image website but i found id the tar file so any buddy know how to deal with that coz when i extracted thta .tar file with winrar extractor is showed me a single file with no extension on it then i seen the properties of tht file but again there was no extension and on type its written "file" so my question is how do i flash it for my n4 as its a tar file noat a zip plz help its urgent for me please
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112