ROM Manager, Clockworkmod Recovery & Custom ROM

Daanyyaal

Feb 13, 2013
Visit site
Okay, before I start off with questions regarding the title.. I am going to say, I am newly rooted user so I have limited knowledge on this whole process.. However, I am slowly learning.

Now to the question, so I want to flash a custom ROM and I heard that ROM Manager is a great way on doing that. I currently have the free version and I want to check what it can do etc.

I selected the 'Download ROM' and I'm prompted with a message saying I must have CWM recovery installed before continuing. So I continue and click Install. Then I am faced with this screen. (I have attached the image in this post.)

What I want to know is if I click the 'Clockworkmod Recovery' under the 'INSTALL OR UPDATE RECOVERY' subtitle, will all my data be wiped/lost?

Once I have updated my CWM recovery, will flashing a new custom ROM wipe my data?

I am thinking of flashing to AOKP. However, I still have quite a bit of research to do before I dive into flashing it. Pros and Cons?

Thank you very much!

Attachments

• 2013-04-24 16.08.40.png
    2013-04-24 16.08.40.png
    216.8 KB · Views: 10

cmersman

Apr 16, 2013
Visit site
When you flash a new rom you need to wipe your device to do so.

You can get a program like Titanium Backup to backup all your apps and app data to your SD Card, and then restore after you install your rom

Daanyyaal

Feb 13, 2013
Visit site
When you flash a new rom you need to wipe your device to do so.

You can get a program like Titanium Backup to backup all your apps and app data to your SD Card, and then restore after you install your rom

Oh okay, thanks!

Yeah, I am using titanium backup and it's awesome!

How about updating cwm recovery?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums