Rooted Nexus 4 - Play Store Instantly crashing

Clifford Fajardo

Jul 6, 2013
Visit site
I just rooted my Nexus 4 today and installed the Paranoid Android Rom. If I can recall I flashed the gapps then the ROM. Could that have messed up my application? I tried clearing the cache, turning on and off my phone and still nothing. The app crashed before I even open it. P.S running the latest version of Android and Pandroid rom

digitalslacker

Jul 6, 2010
Visit site
I just rooted my Nexus 4 today and installed the Paranoid Android Rom. If I can recall I flashed the gapps then the ROM. Could that have messed up my application? I tried clearing the cache, turning on and off my phone and still nothing. The app crashed before I even open it. P.S running the latest version of Android and Pandroid rom

when you installed the ROM did you do a factory reset and wipe cache (and dalvik)?
this will wipe your phone too so many people skip the step thinking it's not necessary but if you are jumping from one ROM to another it is.

Clifford Fajardo

Jul 6, 2013
Visit site
I went back to recovery mode and flashed back to my stock ROM ---> then I flashed the Paranoid Android ROM first ----> then the flashed the gapps ,second, and rebooted now everything works fine. Initially I had flashed the gapps first, then the ROM second and I guess that is what caused the problems .

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty