Nexus 4 - Desperate

texaslittleangel

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
updated to the mixrom TWRP via Flashify in order to flash updated ROM.

Once in TWRP (it took password fine during first loggin) I:

Cleared Cache and Dalvik
Flashed Rom
Flashed new Gapps (failed)
Flashed kernal patch (for trinity)
Flashed Kernal
Flashed SU
Rebooted

When I booted phone prompted to enter "Enter password to decrypt storage" it is telling me that it is the wrong password. I've never had any issues until today that I flashed 4.4. I know it is the correct password. I tried going back into TWRP and when I am prompted to enter the password, it says Failed and I am unable to see my files.

Can someone guide me as to how to correct this hiccup?

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Hello,

Being that 4.4 is so new and the devs are scrambling to update their stuff it is possible that some things aren't working exactly as they should.

TheeWolf2

Nov 3, 2013
Visit site
Maybe the fact you didn't factory reset also gave you issues. Remember you're upgrading the Android version and not just a rom.

My recommendation: stay away from the 4.4 build for now, once Google releases the N4 4.4 stock rom it's going to be much better.

texaslittleangel

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
Hello,

Being that 4.4 is so new and the devs are scrambling to update their stuff it is possible that some things aren't working exactly as they should.

I think the latest build of TWRP is what caused the phone to somehow "forget" my encrypted code. I've been at it for HOURS trying to somehow pull the files from the device. When trying to boot into recovery it asks me for my password and when booting it does it again and both times it tells me to "try again."

Would you happen to know how to get around this?

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
I wish I could help there. I have never used the encrypted code. Best I could recommend is going directly to the TWRP support team themselves. They should have a direct Twitter account and support on their homepage.

texaslittleangel

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
They don't seem to respond :(

I'm not sure if files can be pulled out via adb (with bootanimation i think). I have no clue how to do this and don't know if I would be able to from an encrypted device

Thanks for replying. I am desperate for help