Acase Superleggera Hybrid Case for Nexus 5

Nexus4

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
Amazon.com: Acase Superleggera Pro Hybrid dual layer Case for LG Google Nexus 5 (Nexus 5, Black): Cell Phones & Accessories

Anyone use this case on the Nexus 4? It seems to have great reviews and my friend has it for his iPhone and it's very nice. A soft rubber on the inside and then a harder plastic on the outside. ETA on release?

61h-eyuriIL._SL1200_.jpg

gmurphy0487

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
I use it for my nexus 4 and have already pre-ordered it for my nexus 5. I tried many different cases, 5 or 6, and this one was my favorite.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
I used this on my nexus 4 and it is superb but thicker than a TPU case. I am not as worried about the back on the Nexus 5 so will just go with a TPU case. Already ordered and received my tudia TPU case.

namurt

Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
are we sure this case actually exists for the n5 yet? i have one for my n4, and i absolutely love it. i'd definitely like to get another one when i get around to ordering an n5. the thing is, the pics of it are just... a little off. in the shot in the OP, that's clearly an n4 with parts of the n5's face photoshopped in. specifically, it looks like the sensor and speaker grill were shopped in across the top face of the phone. even the homescreen is from an n4.

i'm hoping i'm wrong on this. i really want this case for the n5!

ktamondo

Sep 11, 2013
Visit site
are we sure this case actually exists for the n5 yet? i have one for my n4, and i absolutely love it. i'd definitely like to get another one when i get around to ordering an n5. the thing is, the pics of it are just... a little off. in the shot in the OP, that's clearly an n4 with parts of the n5's face photoshopped in. specifically, it looks like the sensor and speaker grill were shopped in across the top face of the phone. even the homescreen is from an n4.

i'm hoping i'm wrong on this. i really want this case for the n5!
It should, they probably haven't uploaded newer pictures. Plus, since the case is being delayed to the 22 they probably had time with the phone to fix any problems.

ocostich

Nov 29, 2011
Visit site
The cheap Acase for the Nexus 5 is from CTC Store. The one from Digital Media Source is different and vastly better. The CTC Store inner silicone liner is gray, softer, and doesn't fit nearly as well and the black inner liner form DMS. The polycarbonate outer shell appears to be the same on both. I have both and the extra cost of the better one is well worth it.