running armband for Nexus 5x

ccrs8

Nov 19, 2010
Visit site
Usually my daily runs are my only time away from my phone, but sometimes I need to bring my phone with me. I have an old armband that I got for the Galaxy Nexus that was just able to stretch far enough to handle my Nexus 5 (plus Cruzerlite TPU case). Not the case with the Nexus 5x - once I put a similar case on it, the phone is too big for the armband. Anyone have an armband (or recommendation for one) that fits this phone nicely? The Amazon pages all provide a list of phones that the armbands are "compatible" with, but I'm not actually that familiar with all of the different flagships out there (only ever buy Nexus), so I'm not sure which phones the Nexus 5x are most similar to in size.

eaccentsac

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
Usually my daily runs are my only time away from my phone, but sometimes I need to bring my phone with me. I have an old armband that I got for the Galaxy Nexus that was just able to stretch far enough to handle my Nexus 5 (plus Cruzerlite TPU case). Not the case with the Nexus 5x - once I put a similar case on it, the phone is too big for the armband. Anyone have an armband (or recommendation for one) that fits this phone nicely? The Amazon pages all provide a list of phones that the armbands are "compatible" with, but I'm not actually that familiar with all of the different flagships out there (only ever buy Nexus), so I'm not sure which phones the Nexus 5x are most similar to in size.

I originally bought this armband for the Moto X Pure to be used WITH the bumper case. Works fine for the 5X with a TPU case as well.

When I walk and the armband is over my wind jacket, it will slide down. My wind jacket is wispy thin and slippery, so I think the neoprene will do better with on-skin contact (but it is now too cold to go without a jacket where I live).

Hope this helps!

DWolf1231

Jun 20, 2013
Visit site
I bought one this one, but I haven't tried it yet.

Sport Armband,FiveBox Universal Jogging Cycling Running Armband for Apple iPhone 6s Plus, 6 Plus, Samsung Galaxy Note 4 / 3 / 2, LG G3 -With Key Holder Slot, Full Touchscreen Functionality, Slim, Light, Adjustable,Durable, Sweat proof,-Casual PU Brush Surface Workout Cover Sport Gym Case-Black

The product title is very weird in that it lists a range of phones that are very different in size, but a lot of the reviewers used it with an LG G3. The 5X is very comparable in size to the LG G3.

Also, it's probably about .2" shorter than the Samsung Galaxy S4, but width and thickness are nearly identical. So those are two pretty good comparables for you.

sfringer

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
I haven't made the move yet, but I used an Amphipod in the past with my 2013 Moto X. I'm looking at their SmartView Sumo:

ArmPod SmartView Sumo™

Very good quality, holds up well to machine washing.

I've seen them listed on Amazon and many local running shops carry them.

Aug 31, 2016
Visit site
Thanks for this question and the answers. I'm looking forward now that I'm getting fit to shooting photos around the lake park with my Nexus 5X -- birds, bunnies, kiddos, dogs, deer, flowers, autumn leaves... I'm a butterfingers and it will be nice to have a holder.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tudi23