Nexus 5X Buy or not to buy?

SASavva86

May 26, 2014
Visit site
Hello guys. I have been thinking of buying the new Nexus 5X but can't decide if it is the right choice or not. I'm reading reviews and watching videos on the phone, hearing a few bad things like the battery is terrible and the call quality is poor. Not sure what to believe though as others have said the opposite. Anyone experiencing these problems or any other problems that are software or hardware related? Do you think it's a good purchase or should you have got a different phone?

Let me know. Thank you.

dirtyjudo

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
I have been very happy with mine. I'm glad I choose it over the 6p. The only consistent issue that seems common is the HDR camera processing lag. I think that will be sorted through software updates. (No guarantee). But I think it's happening on the 6p so probably not hardware spec related.

Posted via the Android Central App

Josh Burchell

Aug 19, 2013
Visit site
Love mine, no difference in call quality from my previous Verizon phone, and the battery is almost as good as my previous phone which had a much larger battery. I will admit that I'm not a heavy user. I gained voice and data so that was a huge plus for me. Came from Verizon Sony Experia Z3V.

eaccentsac

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
Love mine. Have had Motorola phones for forever, and the voice sound quality is on par with them. Battery works fine for me as a moderate user. Never finish the day below 40%. I am on Tmo and consistently have decent coverage and no issues with call quality.

limitbreak09

Jun 27, 2013
Visit site
Battery has been good so far, better than what I expected. And call quality is good too. Love the size bc it is compact and light.

Only thing I dont like is the speaker (but its not too bad so dont worry)

Equinsu ocha

Oct 27, 2012
Visit site
My battery seems to be getting better with every charge, but that was kind of expected. The radios all seem to be very good and the call quality has been just as good as any Samsung, Motorola, or HTC I've owned.

SASavva86

May 26, 2014
Visit site
Thank you so much guys. I was thinking about getting the 32GB version but how much storage is available when you first turn on the device? How much space does the OS take up? Is there haptic feedback with the keyboard? Is there still a notification led light? How is the sound quality with and without earphones? What is gaming like? Has anyone put it under heavy use to see how long the battery lasts? Do you need a case or does not need one?

MartinMPL

Oct 13, 2015
Visit site
Battery and phone quality are both fine for me. I rarely have to worry about a full day's use.
The camera app could be quicker, that's true but I suspect this could be sorted with updates to Google's app.

jonebk12

Jun 17, 2013
Visit site
Thank you so much guys. I was thinking about getting the 32GB version but how much storage is available when you first turn on the device? How much space does the OS take up? Is there haptic feedback with the keyboard? Is there still a notification led light? How is the sound quality with and without earphones? What is gaming like? Has anyone put it under heavy use to see how long the battery lasts? Do you need a case or does not need one?

About 25gb available. Yes to haptic feedback. Yes to notification light.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non