nexus 5x or lg g4 ?

enrico_rusli

Jun 17, 2015
Visit site
I am interested these two phones. The nexus 5x has a more compact size, slimmer, fingerprint scanner, clean software, front facing speaker and usb type c while the g4 has better screen, better camera with ois, removable battery and storage, 1 GB more RAM.
Which one should I choose ?

Posted via the Android Central App

benhaube

Jan 1, 2014
Visit site
Well, you're asking on a Nexus 5X form, so most of your answers are going to be for the 5X.

Personally I wouldn't go anywhere near the G4. LG makes great hardware, but they have the worst modified version of Android in my opinion. If I were you I would consider the Moto X PE instead. It has all the same pros you listed for the G4, but it also has near stock Android.

For me the contest was between the Moto X and the N5X. I chose the Nexus because of it's smaller size and fingerprint sensor. I also have not been thrilled with Moto's commitment to updates as of late. I'm sure the Moto will get timely updates, but I had a carrier version of the Moto X 2014 and got burned when they announced they wouldn't update my 8 month old phone to Marshmallow.

PhiPsi32

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
Unless battery swapping is a deal breaker, 5X hands down. Otherwise it depends on what you want to do with the phone. And price, I've seen posts talking about rebates and other deals on the G4 (which may or may not be in effect now). For the right price . . . I can be persuaded to change my selections. For example, I'm still eyeballing the Nexus 6. The deals on Amazon and Expansys are really good . . .

enrico_rusli

Jun 17, 2015
Visit site
I would like to choose moto x pure but unfortunately motorola never bring their phone to my country other than nexus 6

PhiPsi32

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
Do you keep your phones a long time or change every 12-18 months? Is it important to you to have the latest OS upgrades for your phone?

$50 isn't much difference.

gendo667

Trusted Member
Jun 6, 2015
Visit site
I've said this before in previous threads. After uninstalls/disabling carrier apps, LG apps that I'll never use, turning off features that I can't delete, my G4 fly's. I'll be keeping this phone for sometime. I've had this phone since early June on T-Mobile.

That being said, I'm sure after an update the 5X is also going to be a great device. Same way my old Nexus 5 was. I think you can't go wrong either way. If you go G4, get the international version.

Last edited:

cache11

Sep 4, 2012
Visit site
I have both and the 5X for sure. The G4 is a great phone, but pure Android wins with the four S's - speed, smoothness, simplicity & security.

effreyj

Sep 9, 2011
Visit site
I have a G4, and I bought my wife the 5x with the Black Friday sale. I have to admit, I'm kinda jealous. The stock Marshmallow is so much smoother and less buggy than the LG Lollipop on the G4. The notification drop down is seriously broken on the G4 and the icons and toggles are too big. You can talk about specs all you want but software drives the experience. The only thing on my G4 that I would miss is having an SD card since I use it to store my music and photos.

effreyj

Sep 9, 2011
Visit site
5x definitely lasts longer from my use. I think mostly because of doze. G4 had removable battery though.