red blinking light when plugged in (cannot power on 5x)

jstander79

Dec 7, 2015
Visit site
2 days ago i left my nexus 5x charging and woke up during night from a light going on and off. My phone was stuck in some crazy boot loop and would show google and the shut down repeatedly. After that could not start up my phone. Now a day later i cannot even get it to start up and when i plug it in and shows a red flashing light in speaker just above the USB-C charge port.

I can still get the to the bootloader window but nothing else seems to work. Never experienced this with my Nexus 5 so wonder if anyone else came across this and how to fix it?

eaccentsac

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
2 days ago i left my nexus 5x charging and woke up during night from a light going on and off. My phone was stuck in some crazy boot loop and would show google and the shut down repeatedly. After that could not start up my phone. Now a day later i cannot even get it to start up and when i plug it in and shows a red flashing light in speaker just above the USB-C charge port.

I can still get the to the bootloader window but nothing else seems to work. Never experienced this with my Nexus 5 so wonder if anyone else came across this and how to fix it?

No idea.

Did you add any apps or update any apps the night your phone went berzerk?

jstander79

Dec 7, 2015
Visit site
no apps was installed for a couple of days prior to this happening. phone is not unlocked or rooted, still stock from google. been using it for about 2 weeks now. maybe battery is fried?

eaccentsac

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
no apps was installed for a couple of days prior to this happening. phone is not unlocked or rooted, still stock from google. been using it for about 2 weeks now. maybe battery is fried?

If possible, try a different charger. All the comments that I found online for the N4 and N5 indicate the red light is because the battery level is too low to power the phone.

If that doesn't help and the forced reboot steps in the link above don't help, consider an FDR prior to returning it for repair or replacement.

jstander79

Dec 7, 2015
Visit site
using the default charger than came with the Nexus 5x but also tried with the USB to USB-C plugged in to desktop. The forced reboot does not seems to work and tried 5 times as some suggested. going to leave for 30minutes in the bootloader menu to see if that helps otherwise will try FDR. thanks

eaccentsac

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
using the default charger than came with the Nexus 5x but also tried with the USB to USB-C plugged in to desktop. The forced reboot does not seems to work and tried 5 times as some suggested. going to leave for 30minutes in the bootloader menu to see if that helps otherwise will try FDR. thanks

Computers generally don't have enough power to revive a dead battery. Stick with a properly rated (for output) wall adapter and a quality cable.

imankia

Oct 21, 2017
Visit site

Just a follow up. Did you find what was wrong with your phone? Same thing happened to me.

anon(123856)

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
Your phone is bootlooping. It is a very common occurrence with the Nexus 5x. My 5X bootlooped and was repaired by LG at no cost. Contact LG's service center LG Request a Repair | LG U.S.A

If you purchased the phone through the Google Store try their support first. As I hadn't purchased my 5X through them they refused to do anything for me except give me the link for LG's site.

Take a look at these search results and you'll see what I mean about it being a very common issue.

https://forums.androidcentral.com/search.php?searchid=39665243

LuciaGenta

Nov 9, 2017
Visit site
Your phone is bootlooping. It is a very common occurrence with the Nexus 5x. My 5X bootlooped and was repaired by LG at no cost. Contact LG's service center LG Request a Repair | LG U.S.A

If you purchased the phone through the Google Store try their support first. As I hadn't purchased my 5X through them they refused to do anything for me except give me the link for LG's site.

Take a look at these search results and you'll see what I mean about it being a very common issue.

https://forums.androidcentral.com/search.php?searchid=39665243
Same happened to me. Very frustrating. Thanks for the advice.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87