N5x will PTP, but won't MTP on Win7 PC

ratseven

Jul 5, 2012
Visit site
Since new, my N5X would connect fine to my Win7 PC using the PTP function but not MTP.

When connected using PTP, then using the drop down USB menu to change to MTP Windows would play the 'something usb just disconnected' sound and my 5x would disappear from My Computer. When I would again select PTP, it play the 'something usb just connected' sound and my 5x appears in my computer and I can transfer photos.

I've used the developer access to check the USB communication and it's set to MTP.
I've used different cables (Google Supplied & iOrange) but again it transfers photos without issue.
I've deleted cache in System apps External Storage and Media Storage (recommended by Google support)
I've asked Google support with no success.
I've tried my laptop, same problem. Can PTP, can't MTP.
I've restarted the phone and PC
I've got 6.0.1 and the phone says Android is up to date.
I've searched AC for "MTP" and the three results offered no solution.

Any ideas AC?

Last edited:

Hayth

Oct 25, 2015
Visit site
The only thing that seemed to help me is a shortcut in the driver section of wugs fresh toolkit.

One of the shortcut options in the driver installation guide is to uninstall all Android/Google etc related drivers from ur pc using a windows tool called something like usb deview. Then you start fresh by plugging ur device in after you've removed them and letting windows download the drivers automatically again

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non