Anyone buy a 3rd Party wall charger for the 6P?

anon(5506951)

Sep 25, 2014
Visit site
I use an Aukey dual 2.4A travel wall charger that I bought off of eBay. It charges quickly, even though it's not rapid charging. I'm pleased.

Posted via the Android Central App

jimmiekain

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
I use LimeFuel 4.8A dual wall charger. No issues.

Nexus 6P
Please post a link to the exact one you have.
I got the "approved" Choetech USB Type C Charger, CHOE 3A Rapid Wall Charger. It is a USB C charger so you need a C-C cable. It does register on the phone as rapid charging. I didn't measure with Ampere but I can say that, subjectively, it is charging faster than a regular charger.
Please post link to the exact cable you're using.

RHChan84

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
USB Wall Charger Dual Port 4.8A/24W High Output (White Limefuel L48WCW) Foldable Portable Rapid Travel Charger for iPhone 6, 6+, 5S, 5C, 5, 4S, 4; iPad 5, Air, Mini; iPod Touch, Nano; Samsung Galaxy S4, S3, S2, Galaxy Note; Kindle; LG G2; PS 4; Nexus 5, 7, 10; Motorola Droid Razr Maxx; Blackberry; Nook Color; Bluetooth Speakers & Headsets; Nokia Lumia 2520; HTC One X V S https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00FW1HH6...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU4902577

Not 3.0Amp like the one included with the phone but its for overnight charging so its not bad at all. It charges a lot faster then normal chargers since its throwing out 2.4AMP.

Nexus Six P

RHChan84

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Anker PowerDrive 2 (24W / 4.8A 2-Port USB Car Charger) iPhone Car Charger for iPhone 6s / 6 / 6 Plus, iPad Air 2 / mini 3, Galaxy S6 / Edge / Plus, Note 5, Bluetooth Headsets, GPS and More https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00VH88CJ...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU4903028

What I use for a car charger.

Also I make sure I have approved USB to USB-C cable or else it can pull 3A and cause the charger to warm up.

Nexus Six P

mumfoau

Trusted Member
Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
With this USB-C thing being relatively new, I prefer sticking with the charger in the box now or replacements from the Google store

jimmiekain

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
I got the "approved" Choetech USB Type C Charger, CHOE 3A Rapid Wall Charger. It is a USB C charger so you need a C-C cable. It does register on the phone as rapid charging. I didn't measure with Ampere but I can say that, subjectively, it is charging faster than a regular charger.

When you say "Approved" what do you mean? Who was it approved by? I dont see it on the Benson list of approved chargers. Is there another or an updated list of approved chargers that I dont know about?

PaulQ

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
When you say "Approved" what do you mean? Who was it approved by? I dont see it on the Benson list of approved chargers. Is there another or an updated list of approved chargers that I dont know about?

Sorry. I shouldn't have put it that way. By using the quotes I meant that I had read in various places at the time that it worked plus the hundreds of reviews on Amazon so it was like people were approving of them.

I didn't mean to mislead. Unfortunately, I don't see any Benson reviews for C-C cables so you're basically stuck with using Amazon reviews - some of which actually employ Ampere and CheckR. You'll also find various blogs and reviewers talking about the Choetech adpater (e.g. this and this).

If you want official cable/charger reviews for Type-C products, the only two places I know of are:

1) Benson's spreadsheet which is now being updated again (as of 12/29)
2) Benson's Amazon page which is covered A-C cables and cable adapters

Again, both don't really cover C-C products. Not sure why. ??

pounder001

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
Sorry if this is a duplicate post, but I found a wall charger that works great and is rapid charging for my 6P on Amazon.
I've been using now for 3 days with zero issues. In fact it is either an excellent clone of the Huawei charger or is the original manufacturer as it looks very similar
SONEic - USB Type-C Charger+Cable. 15 Watt/3.0 Amp. USB Type-C to Type-C Cable. Rapid Wall Charger for Nexus 5X, Nexus 6P, Pixel C, OnePlus 2, Lumia 950/XL and All USB Type-C Powered Devices - Black

Last edited:

jimmiekain

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
Sorry if this is a duplicate post, but I found a great wall charger that works great and is rapid charging for my 6P on Amazon.
I've been using now for 3 days with zero issues. In fact it is either an excellent clone of the Huawei charger or is the original manufacturer as it looks very similar
SONEic - USB Type-C Charger+Cable. 15 Watt/3.0 Amp. USB Type-C to Type-C Cable. Rapid Wall Charger for Nexus 5X, Nexus 6P, Pixel C, OnePlus 2, Lumia 950/XL and All USB Type-C Powered Devices - Black
Sounds cool. Please post a link. I already have an extra that does rapid charging but yours sounds cool too and if it costs less than mine I might pick yours up too and keep it in my car as a spare.