car mount

Apftw

Nov 28, 2015
Visit site
Anyone have or found any decent car mounts I don't want a windshield or vent mount one.

Posted via the Android Central App

jdk606o

Aug 24, 2015
Visit site
I just got the spigen one for Christmas and it is amazing!! I've had vent and suction cup ones but they all broke cause of heavy phones.. This thing is great!!!

Attachments

• 17381.jpg
    17381.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 335

Bagums

May 1, 2010
Visit site
I got one of the large universal car mounts from proclip and it works great, it does cost around 80 dollars for the complete system but it fits great. Just make sure if you use a case on your phone to measure so you can order the correct universal mount, otherwise they do also offer an exact fit mount for the nexus 6p without a case.

RTD212

Nov 14, 2015
Visit site
I just got the spigen one for Christmas and it is amazing!! I've had vent and suction cup ones but they all broke cause of heavy phones.. This thing is great!!!

Does this interfere with the power and volume buttons?

filmmack1981

Jan 12, 2016
Visit site
I use the "Attach It" phone mount which is a phone case with a magnetic built into the case and a ram mount with a paired magnet. The magnets are designed to hold 35 pounds and the suction is heavy duty and never falls off my windshield. You can also rotate your phone 90 degrees.

They're fairly new and their website is terrible, but you can get a phone case with a magnet built into the back of it and the suction cup mount for $75.

just do a search for "attach it"

kmcochran

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
I got this Aukey magnetic vent mount:

http://smile.amazon.com/Aukey-Reinforced-Cradle-less-Smartphone-HD-C5/dp/B00WU3W43G/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1452542267&sr=8-5&keywords=anker+car+mount

I use it with a Spigen thin fit. It's strong enough to hold my 6P in place but you do have to make sure when you mount your phone it is centered. If it's slightly off center, it will hold initially but a bump will knock it off.

Do you have to use the metal plate that comes with it, or will our phones stick to it without it? I have a Frost with a clear Spigen TPU case and I don't want a black square on the back of my case.

MNSnowman

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site
Anyone have or found any decent car mounts I don't want a windshield or vent mount one.

I'm using the Aukey mount that fits into the CD slot. Flipping the mount up let's it clear the display on my car. Sound and power switches work with no problem.

Anker CD Slot Mount Car Mount Phone Holder for iPhone, iPod, Samsung, LG, Nexus, HTC, Motorola, Sony and Other Smartphones and MP3 Players*

thegadgetguroo

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site

Ibolt makes some of the best mounts in the business. They also have a companion app called Dock n Drive on the Google Play Store. They recently came out with one that is compatible with USB-C.
https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...ource=vb_ac&utm_medium=content&token=NwU3fytu

sjcdal

Apr 13, 2010
Visit site
Ibolt makes some of the best mounts in the business. They also have a companion app called Dock n Drive on the Google Play Store. They recently came out with one that is compatible with USB-C.
iBOLT cPro Type C USB Car Dock with NFC | BlackBerry Car Mounts | ShopCrackBerry

And if you follow this advice from their youtube they will send you a code for 50% off if you promise to do a review on Amazon. I requested Sunday night and got the email today...ordered from Amazon via the link and unit should be here on Thursday.

"To buy this product, type in "iBOLT cPro" on Amazon here in the US or on the European platform. If you are interested in buying a unit at 50% discount and give it an honest written review please send an e-mail to orders@ibolt.co with your name referring to this post and we'll send the coupon back."

Their youtube link https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=spw8RXATUyo&ab_channel=iBOLTlife

The direct link on Amazon...but try and wait for that code to save $20. http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU4999681

And note that you still need a USB C car charger. The Vinsic @12.90 is Benson Leung approved.
http://www.amazon.com/Vinsic®-Charg...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU4999681

I currently am using a magnetic mount to a small vent holder....works pretty well, but I would like one handed operation to click into the charger versus leaving the charging cord dangling, then inserting it with two hands, and slapping it on the magnetic mount.

EDIT: The delivered version is really nice. Type C to type C. Windshield or Dash suction mount, Vent mount, and a small ball mount with its own sticky pad. One extra benefit is that the camera is not blocked, so if you mount it where it looks out the windshield this can be a dash cam...I use SMR pro not for it's stealth capabilities, but because you can set it up with a single tap it goes into background and will record a video..

the iBolt is now available on Amazon with Prime shipping. Now available on Amazon with Prime shipping http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU4999681

Last edited:

sjcdal

Apr 13, 2010
Visit site
Gangrel Quote:

I'm pretty sure the mount is now type C to type C based on another thread on here.....

Correct..it does arrive with C to C cable now. And that cable does work and delivers the "Charging Rapidly" message on the 6P when used with the Vinsic car charger I bought along with the iBolt. I edited my first post to reflect this.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez