Nexus 6P Unboxing Video

bpe4

Jan 6, 2012
Visit site
Wow... and I thought the Moto X Pure Edition's box was fancy!

The phone looks huge in this dude's hands. I'm hoping he's got the hands of a 12-year old.

anon(5506951)

Sep 25, 2014
Visit site
Wow... and I thought the Moto X Pure Edition's box was fancy! The phone looks huge in this dude's hands. I'm hoping he's got the hands of a 12-year old.

The presentation is top notch, I'm quite impressed. The aluminum looks slick, and the screen looks great. 25 GB free on the 32 GB is plenty.

Posted via the Android Central App

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
Wow... and I thought the Moto X Pure Edition's box was fancy!

The phone looks huge in this dude's hands. I'm hoping he's got the hands of a 12-year old.

If you are not sure of the size, but have access to either a Note 5 or Nexus 6... here are the dimensions:

Nexus 6P: 159.3 x 77.8 x 7.3 mm (6.27 x 3.06 x 0.29 in)
Nexus 6: 159.3 x 83 x 10.1 mm (6.27 x 3.27 x 0.40 in)
Note 5: 153.2 x 76.1 x 7.6mm (6.03 x 3.00 x 0.30 in)

It appears to be very close to the Note 5.

anon(596177)

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
If you are not sure of the size, but have access to either a Note 5 or Nexus 6... here are the dimensions:

It is nearly the exact same dimensions as an iPhone 6plus. The nexus 6p is only a multimeter taller and slightly thinner I think. So if you grab a 6 plus you have a pretty good idea of how the 6p will feel

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
It is nearly the exact same dimensions as an iPhone 6plus. The nexus 6p is only a multimeter taller and slightly thinner I think. So if you grab a 6 plus you have a pretty good idea of how the 6p will feel

Interesting, but personally I would NEVERRRRR touch an iPhone!!!

bpe4

Jan 6, 2012
Visit site
So basically India is getting this at least 2 weeks before it ships in the US????

I suppose it's all about the Benjamins.... A potential market of 1.3 billion people versus a market of 318 million. Even if you extract the percent of the population that fit in the income/consumer demographics, the difference would still be huge.

anon(5506951)

Sep 25, 2014
Visit site

I went into an AT&T store this weekend and held the Note 5, S6 Edge + and the 6S+ to get a feel for them in my (small) hand. The screen on the Note looks awesome. Things look like they jump out at you. The metal on the 6S + feel more dense than the original. I also held the M9 for good measure. All these things considered, I'm really excited for this phone.

anon(5506951)

Sep 25, 2014
Visit site
People on Reddit are actually complaining about not liking the box the 6P comes in. Seriously? People are THAT bored. Smh...

dankev

Sep 25, 2014
Visit site
People on Reddit are actually complaining about not liking the box the 6P comes in. Seriously? People are THAT bored. Smh...

I can't believe people care about boxes. I would much rather my phone arrive in a padded envelope and have the expense of designing and producing the box go into the design and expense of producing the phone instead.

zagcollins

Oct 12, 2015
Visit site
I suppose it's all about the Benjamins.... A potential market of 1.3 billion people versus a market of 318 million. Even if you extract the percent of the population that fit in the income/consumer demographics, the difference would still be huge.

for people who have never been to India/don't have an understanding of the market, it's very tough to comprehend what the market is like. Selling an Android phone that costs roughly $590 in 2015 is insanely difficult because the likes of Moto, Lenovo, Xiaomi, One Plus, etc. have yanked the top end of the Android market down to levels as low as $200. So, the logic is simple: Why pay so much for a Nexus, which is an Android market?

As for why it has been launched here earlier, that's NOT the case. Only thing is we might get delivery for the 6P earlier than the US by maybe a week or so. It's the festive season, so lots of phone launches happening here.

jdot104

Oct 24, 2010
Visit site
*salivates*

I really need Google to pick up the pace with this. It's been two weeks since the event, so the U.S. should be getting the first batches on delivery trucks now.

TrekkieMonster

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site

I played around with a friend's iPhone 6Plus for awhile last week just to see how it feels in my hand, because the dimensions are so close. I'm very glad I did, because it definitely gave me pause. I'm still excited about this phone, but It is one big slab of a machine. And my hands aren't "small". I strongly recommend people handle some large phones such as the 6Plus or Note, etc., before pulling the trigger if they are at all concerned about the size.

Personally, I think I'm ready to graduate to a larger screen, but it will undoubtedly be an adjustment.

anon(596177)

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
I played around with a friend's iPhone 6Plus for awhile last week just to see how it feels in my hand, because the dimensions are so close. I'm very glad I did, because it definitely gave me pause. I'm still excited about this phone, but It is one big slab of a machine. And my hands aren't "small". I strongly recommend people handle some large phones such as the 6Plus or Note, etc., before pulling the trigger if they are at all concerned about the size.

Personally, I think I'm ready to graduate to a larger screen, but it will undoubtedly be an adjustment.
That's exactly how I felt but I had a different outcome. I was very concerned before, but after I held it and did some pocket drills (sitting pulling it out and such) my tune changed completely. Yeah it's going to be an adjustment for me to carry it around and manage it but it wasn't as bad as I expected it to be, and as far as the screen real estate I am all for having almost an inch more screen than I have now.

mc511

Nov 7, 2010
Visit site
I went into an AT&T store this weekend and held the Note 5, S6 Edge + and the 6S+ to get a feel for them in my (small) hand. The screen on the Note looks awesome. Things look like they jump out at you. The metal on the 6S + feel more dense than the original. I also held the M9 for good measure. All these things considered, I'm really excited for this phone.

I actually went to best buy to test the same phones out from samsung and yeah i am going to enjoy using this phone. I have small hands but if the back is flat then it wont be bothersome at all.

getbretweir

Banned
Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
This time of year in India is like Christmas ... All the phones are launching, including the iPhone ... Has nothing to do with the population, cause there's a lot more people in the U.S. that'll be able to afford it that's in India. And it's only two weeks, and we have nothing to complain about given the price. Personally I enjoy the anticipation and look forward to seeing some reviews!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez