Nexus 6P Bending and Breaking Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

HappyChubbs

Oct 2, 2015
Visit site
Re: 6P bend and scratch test, not good viewing!

The biggest problem I have with this video is the order of the tests. Each step slowly degraded the overall structure of the device, thus leading to the inevitable bend.

- Scratches the glass deeply causing it to crack. Causes multiple points of failure causing the large crack to appear. Not sure how much pressure was being used but the 8-9 scratches seemed deep.
- Puts a flame to the screen for about 6 seconds in two spots. It was fairly close to the edge so the adhesive holding the screen probably gave out. Still don't understand the burn test though.

When he starts the bend you can see the screen already starting to lift. Since the glass is no longer attached and has a crack, there is nothing else supporting the aluminum frame.

Robbie317

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site

You just answered the question I was going to ask about that case. I have the same issues and contacted Verus about it already.

Yup.. Just had to use a nail file and shave down the edges a little on the inside and now the charging cable fits perfectly.... It just doesn't look super pretty.... but not horrible either.... a little black nail polish or probably a sharpie covers up the white enough that no one would notice unless they were LOOKING for it...

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: nexus 6P bendgate? (false)

Gah! It's so painful to watch that kind of stuff, even when it doesn't bend.:eek:

sociolab

Sep 18, 2015
Visit site

Thanks a lot for this! Won't be buying such a fragile phone! I was almost ready to order it but this is a joke. I know I won't be doing this to my phone but then I don't want the phone scartched so easily or breaking if I bent it accidentally. Not on such an expensie phone!

Did you read anything in the thread? That video has been debunked.

jdot104

Oct 24, 2010
Visit site

I've never understood the purpose of these videos. If you apply force to a phone it bends. How is that breaking new ground? I thought not sitting on your phone was a given.

nrfitchett4

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site

I've never understood the purpose of these videos. If you apply force to a phone it bends. How is that breaking new ground? I thought not sitting on your phone was a given.

Yeah, I'm not sure why people think they can put 200 lbs of force on their phone?

Posted via the Android Central App

syspry

Banned
Apr 6, 2015
Visit site

So this guy made a fake video to generate hits and income on Youtube. Judging by your responses I'd say he accomplished his mission. But let's just say for argument's sake it was actually real. Does that make any of your responses worrying about how a phone reacts to deliberate abuse any less ridiculous? I'm sorry (not really) to say it doesn't. Dear lord, my 60" TV broke when I hurled a brick at it! Sure won't buy THAT brand again OMG!

mogelijk

Trusted Member
Jul 14, 2013
Visit site

Yes, even The Verge has an article on this, "This Nexus 6P bend test is horrifically unfair, mildly entertaining."

Have to hand it to the guy, he's managed to get a lot of traffic to his YouTube site.

clatus

Nov 1, 2011
Visit site

Even bad publicity is good publicity on YouTube. He's going to make a lot of money from that video.

Status
Not open for further replies.