Must have apps?

stevenkelby

Aug 15, 2014
Visit site
occasionally yes, always no. I only do it once every few days but that's just a personal habit because I don't want to flip through 30 cards to find something. I haven't noticed any effect on performance when I forget to. I don't close them all either, I just close recent searches mostly.

No need. Instead of flipping through 30 cards for an app you haven't used for a while, just open it through the launcher like you normally would.

I only use the recent apps browser for 2 reasons. To quickly switch between 2 or 3 apps quickly, and to manually close a single app that is slower to close manually, Music or Navigation apps for instance.

Mittar Khalsa

Jan 16, 2014
Visit site
I only use the recent apps browser for 2 reasons. To quickly switch between 2 or 3 apps quickly, and to manually close a single app that is slower to close manually, Music or Navigation apps for instance.

This is really the only reason I close apps via the multi tasking screen. There's no need to close them otherwise, they shut down in the background. App killers are no longer necessary with Android. Also, you don't need to worry about battery memory anymore ;)

syspry

Banned
Apr 6, 2015
Visit site
No need. Instead of flipping through 30 cards for an app you haven't used for a while, just open it through the launcher like you normally would.

I should've clarified by saying "when multi-tasking". I do normally just open from the launcher but sometimes I may remember to spin off an email or a text or whatever while I'm within another app and will go that route

Fisherguy 01

Nov 27, 2015
Visit site
When I first got this phone I thought I'd made a mistake, I was kinda lost without the Samsung apps I was used to but after playing with it a few days now I really like it, just takes a little bitta fiddling and learning from this forum... ;)
I just been using messenger for texting, is there an app that will read out incoming texts and let me reply verbally? (that will link with messenger?)
Right now I read the incoming text while driving and use the google voice thing to reply but I'd rather not have to read them while driving.

Anyone recommend an app for sending, receiving texts verbally?

Nevpaurion

Jan 25, 2013
Visit site
Couple things, I used to use screen off and on but found it intermittently broke nexus imprint and was making me need to use my pin at random not only after restart.

Second thing is be careful with pocket. Left unchecked its sync can have heavy battery impact.

My number one suggestion isn't an app actually. System ui tuner to get percentage displayed on battery icon without root or annoying permanent gsam notification.

To engage simply long press the setting cog in pull down menu until it states it's been engaged.

Posted via the Android Central App

Fisherguy 01

Nov 27, 2015
Visit site
My number one suggestion isn't an app actually. System ui tuner to get percentage displayed on battery icon without root or annoying permanent gsam notification.

To engage simply long press the setting cog in pull down menu until it states it's been engaged.

Posted via the Android Central App

I'm not getting this...?

bembol

Trusted Member
Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
I completely forgot about this because my last androids was LG & Samsung which included a Clip Board that stores all your Copied & Cut.

I wish Google included this on their Keyboard but now that I have a nexus again, CLIPPER is great app. I have Clipper+ (No Ads, Sync, etc.)

RHChan84

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Root explorer is a must have for me. Even though my phone isn't rooted, its a great file explorer.

Nova launcher is amazing and fast. No issues for me.

QuickPic is a great alternative for photos.

MX player for videos.

TI Backup if your phone is rooted.

Nexus 6P