best Gallery app for Edge+ 2023?

billdz

Jan 5, 2013
Visit site
Hi, my prior phone (Samsung Galaxy S9) had a good Gallery app (a Samsung app) that allowed me to edit and sort photos. The Edge+ does not have a pre-installed Gallery app. There are a lot of Gallery apps at the Play store and I have tried a few, but have not found a good one yet, most are filled with ads you must watch for several seconds before you can go to your photo. Any suggestions for a good, ad free Gallery app?

billdz

Jan 5, 2013
Visit site
I had thought that Google Photos reduced the quality of photos but it seems that is no longer the case. So I'm good to go with the same account on both devices, thanks.

Reactions: mustang7757

rvbfan

Jan 17, 2015
Visit site
I had thought that Google Photos reduced the quality of photos but it seems that is no longer the case. So I'm good to go with the same account on both devices, thanks.
That hasn't been the case for as long as I've been using it. You can choose to reduce the quality if you like.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Does this get back up like Google photos ? Or how does it back up
No, there's no backup at all -- it's the light version, used to be called "Gallery Go" (as in Android Go). I usually recommend it for people who are wary of Google's backup system (although I of course always strongly recommend backing up important photos to Google Photos, some other cloud storage, or an external drive).

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
No, there's no backup at all -- it's the light version, used to be called "Gallery Go" (as in Android Go). I usually recommend it for people who are wary of Google's backup system (although I of course always strongly recommend backing up important photos to Google Photos, some other cloud storage, or an external drive).
Ahh gotcha still a good alternative

Tractorlegs

Oct 25, 2023
Visit site
FYI, if you don't need the Google Photos backup feature, you can try Google Gallery, which is essentially Google Photos without those bells and whistles.
I know this is an older thread, but I use Google Gallery in addition to Google Photos and they work together seamlessly. An advantage of using Gallery is that in the rare instance that no data connection is available to your device, Gallery can still be used to view photos.

The only “thing” is that Photos and Gallery are linked - so if you delete a picture in Gallery it will be deleted in both Photos and any other linked device.

Reactions: B. Diddy

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
The only “thing” is that Photos and Gallery are linked - so if you delete a picture in Gallery it will be deleted in both Photos and any other linked device.
Is that only when Google Photos auto-backup is turned on? I would've thought deleting in Google Gallery would be the same as "Delete on Device" on Google Photos (i.e., preserving it in the cloud).

Reactions: Tractorlegs

Tractorlegs

Oct 25, 2023
Visit site
Is that only when Google Photos auto-backup is turned on? I would've thought deleting in Google Gallery would be the same as "Delete on Device" on Google Photos (i.e., preserving it in the cloud).
Yes, I think it’s only when the auto backup is on. For me, though, it won’t be an issue; by the time a photo is filed into a folder in Gallery, it’s already a keeper.

Reactions: B. Diddy