Here is AT&T's official page of settings for non-AT&T devices

PaulQ

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
I was having the much discussed issue with my 6P not holding an LTE connection. I followed this thread and its myriad of different approaches to fixing the problem. I ended up chatting with AT&T and under the advice of both that thread and AT&T, I went and got a new SIM. After a reboot, I got LTE but it still switched to 'H' periodically.

Armed with another part of the info from that thread, I chatted with AT&T to confirm my APN type settings. The agent gave me this web page. I had not seen it before and I don't think it's referenced in that long thread. So, here it is in its own thread, easy to find.

Programming correct data settings for non-AT&T devices
https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...l%23%21%2Fwireless%2FKM1062162&token=z8tdGndd

The items on the table don't exactly match the settings on our phones but my APN type was NOT the same as what this web page indicates it should be. I changed my phone's APN type to "default, mms, supl, hipri" per this web page. Rebooted. I have LTE.

I want to note that I left myself on the "ATT Nextgenphone."

Now... having faced only a taste of LTE in the past, I'm not going to say this is fixed once and for all but it is the first time I've seen an official document on the AT&T web site aimed at setting up non-AT&T phones.

Hope that helps someone.

gquiring

Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
I'm not having any LTE connection issues, my APN type is set to: default,mms,supl,fota,hipri
APN Protocol: IPv4/IPv6 (same for roaming)

I used my SIM from my Galaxy S3 cutdown to fit in the 6P.

ChinChillaz

Oct 8, 2015
Visit site
Re: Here is AT&T's official page of settings for non-AT&T devices

I was having issues with LTE also my phone would keep switching to H quite often. I changed the APN from ATT Nextgenphone to ATTphone, rebooted and my phone had stayed on LTE since then.

PaulQ

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
Re: Here is AT&T's official page of settings for non-AT&T devices

I was having issues with LTE also my phone would keep switching to H quite often. I changed the APN from ATT Nextgenphone to ATTphone, rebooted and my phone had stayed on LTE since then.

That's another thing to try, worth posting it. I don't understand why there are multiple possible resolutions for this problem. Makes no sense.

This AT&T settings page has solved my problem completely. Getting LTE consistently in Phoenix now.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty