Two issues setting up exchange email

Clocks

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site
New Nexus 6p. Installed Nine, my preferred email app for exchange, and set up my work account. Everything synced normally except my RECURRING calendar appointments (which show in Google Calendar) are 1 hour off. Non-recurring appointments have the correct time. My personal gmail calendar appointments have the correct time, and the time zone settings within Google Calendar are correct. My 2015 Moto X is sitting right next to it showing the correct times for my exchange appointments in Google Calendar leading me to believe this is an issue with the 6P and not the exchange server.

I tried setting up my exchange account within Gmail to see if that would work. After entering all of my information Gmail repeatedly alerts me that "Security update required" in order to comply with my work's exchange policies. But when I click "OK" nothing happens. Then about 4 seconds later my phone buzzes again with "Security update required". I click OK, nothing...wait 4 seconds...phone buzzes "Security update required" etc etc.

Any suggestions?

Clocks

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site
A Nexus 6P review on Amazon. Bummer. Kind of a deal breaker for me. Guess that's what return policies are for. I like the phone otherwise. I'll have to give it another try after this issue is fixed and maybe catch a good sale.

3.0 out of 5 starsNOT for ActiveSync Users - Otherwise, Excellent

ByBRIKWILon January 4, 2016

In so many ways, this phone is INCREDIBLE - very fast; long battery life; beautiful screen; excellent pictures. HOWEVER - if you plan to use this phone for an Exchange Server ActiveSync account, be aware that it cannot process calendar items properly. I have read of several ActiveSync issues with Android Marshmallow, but in my testing I found that this phone is unable to manage recurring appointments that cross daylight savings time changes - a problem which Microsoft addressed in an Exchange Server rollup quite some time ago. I tested the native Google calendar, and I tested a 3rd-party app called Nine - Exchange on Mobile. Both exhibited the same behavior on this phone, but I am the Exchange administrator for our company, and 70 to 80 other cell phone users on our server, using MANY different brands of phones and operating systems (iOS, Android Lollipop and lower, and Windows phones) do NOT have this problem on their phones. If I am able to determine that the problem is Marshmallow and NOT this phone, I will update this review. Sadly, I am returning this phone.

Last edited:

Clocks

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site
Wow amazing timing here. I complained and an hour later Nine releases a patch that fixes the issue (weird that the issue exists on the 6P on M but not the Moto X Pure on M). Resynced and all my recurring appointments are back at the right time.

Screenshot_20160108-101511.jpg

NotFromHere

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
Wow amazing timing here. I complained and an hour later Nine releases a patch that fixes the issue (weird that the issue exists on the 6P on M but not the Moto X Pure on M). Resynced and all my recurring appointments are back at the right time.

View attachment 212532

Hallelujah! I use Nine as well (just started using it with the 6p), and I just started having this problem with only some of my calendar appointments over the last few days. It was driving me crazy!! So happy to see this get fixed so quickly.

Posted via the Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
melseywag