Nexus 6p battery free fall, why is it draining so quickly?

tucaoneo

Jan 31, 2016
Visit site
Nexus 6p battery free fall

The new Nexus 6p. The battery jumped from about 50% to almost zero during the night when I was asleep. I couldn't wake it up this morning and its red light was flashing. I had to plug in the cable to wake it up. I have my screenshot here and you can see the crazy gap like a memory loss. Any thought is appreciated.
Screenshot_20160131-104831.jpg

Last edited:

Lefank

Jul 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: Nexus 6p battery free fall

Try clearing cache partition and downloading a battery monitor to see if it's an app causing it...

Lefank

Evilnut

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site

Wow, l only loose 1 - 2% overnight since I have had mine. You've definitely got something weird going on there. Uninstall all the apps except stock & see what happens.

Via the Android Central App

GreatCanadian

Oct 2, 2013
Visit site

I wonder if posters who are experiencing bad battery performance should post which non-stock apps they have installed. We might notice a common app(s) that could be the culprit.

GC

mogelijk

Trusted Member
Jul 14, 2013
Visit site

Three apps that are known to cause issues with the phone going into Doze are GasBuddy, WeatherBug, and MyRadar -- if you have one of these apps installed and Bluetooth on (even if no devices are connected) then the phone will stay in a "wake" state.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress