If you couldn't have a 6p, which phone would you choose?

getbretweir

Banned
Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
Just curious which phone you guys would use if the 6p wasn't an option. My choices would be the Note 5 and Moto Pure. I like the Note a lot, but ultimately TW world be overbearing. As a secondary device I can deal with it, but on my primary phone, using a heavier skin for 2-3 years would get old pretty quick.

I'd have to settle for the Pure. I like it a lot, and actually prefer it's near stock software to stock itself. I really had my hopes high, maybe unrealistically high, and was slightly disappointed with the battery (especially since the 3000 mAh was announced seconds after the Play's much larger battery), camera, lack of fingerprint sensor (which wasn't a surprise) and build quality.

The key word there is "slightly." It JUST missed the mark, but missed it in some important categories. And to be fair, my only experience with it was for 45 minutes, so I have no clue how my own battery use would shake out. And Moto Maker might make up for the slightly underwhelming build quality (up until I got my 6p, aesthetics hadn't been much of a priority for me ... I changed my mind and would consider looks much more in the future then I had in the past).

But yeah, long story short I'd go with the Pure (unless waiting for the M10 was an option ... but it's not)!

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I had the Moto X Pure Edition before this phone so I would say I would choose that. To be honest though I would take a long hard look at the Note 5 since that phone is pretty beast mode as well.

maverick7526

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
I would have stayed with the nexus 6. Still a great phone, and software updates at least for another year or so.

Posted via the Android Central App

Dan_B1979

Feb 22, 2015
Visit site
I'd go back to my Nexus 6 or the Note 5 (which I'm just waiting for delivery on)! :)

Sadly, my 6P honeymoon period is over and it's for sale as I'm replacing it with a dual sim Note 5!

anon(5506951)

Sep 25, 2014
Visit site
I'd go for the 2016 Moto X, or wait fot the next Nexus. Coming from an S3, TW would be a no go, no matter how "optimized" and trimmed down. Other than some form of split screen multitasking, TW features are useless to me. I much prefer Moto's suite of apps.

jejb

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
If I was not on Verizon, I'd go with the Note 5 most likely. But since I am and I want to root, that narrows the field down significantly. The Pure would be the next one down the list for me.

effreyj

Sep 9, 2011
Visit site
Moto X Pure...I actually had ordered it and it was on its way and then returned it when the 6P dropped in price in December.

GreatCanadian

Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
For me it would be the Moto Pure. I currently have a Moto G 3rd Gen as my backup phone, and the phone just feels "tough" in my hands. I don't feel that I have to baby it like my Nexus 6P. Moto quality just feels good to me. I seriously considered the Moto Play actually prior to deciding on the Nexus 6P. 6P won out on specs. So if I were to have phone other than a Nexus it would be a Moto.

GC

bembol

Trusted Member
Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
I have no idea. Let's see...

I thought I was set with my 128GB iPhone 6S Rose Gold but learned the Infotainment doesn't support Text Messages. Read Apple disables it? It's actually the reason I got the nexus 6P, went in to android.

I had the LG G4, I wasn't pleased with the Samsung Galaxy S6 nor the edge, so why would I want to bother with the Note 5.

LG decided not to release the V10 up here, I wanted it too. :(

hTc has nothing worth buying.

I hate OnePlus' invite system, I refuse to beg just to buy it.

Basically there's NOTHING out right now that I want.

angelbones1

Nov 11, 2015
Visit site
Today, probably the v10, or secondarily the Moto Pure. 2 months from now, probably the LG G5 (but I'm waiting on more details).

Evilnut

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
I would have kept my Original Moto X & waited for the next Moto X or next Nexus. It still worked perfect & was smooth and fast after 2.5 years. Not many phones can say that. The only reason I got a new phone, the N6P, is because I wanted Marshmallow.

Via the Android Central App

getbretweir

Banned
Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
some of you guys and gals are cheating saying you'd wait for the next Nexus, lol

lot of Note 5 and Moto Pure votes. maybe 2016 will get off to a better start, cause personally I was disappointed with the m10 (camera), s6 (battery) and g4 (software)