Fingerprint question

andonakis

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
When testing how secure phone is by unlocking with Fingerprint I noticed after several failed attempts it just tells me "too many attempts try again later".
All I have to do is swipe up and phone unlocks even as I have a pin as backup.
So am I missing something or Fingerprint to unlock is just a gimmick?
I know Samsung's is very secure because it does not do that.

Posted via the Android Central App

hallux

Q&A Team
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
I just tried with mine, it required my PIN after failing the fingerprint. Were you actually locking the phone then trying or was the screen just off (there CAN be a difference)?

Zendroid1

Trusted Member
Aug 22, 2011
Visit site
That's smart lock. You don't even need to use your fingerprint if it's on and ready to be unlocked based on how you set it up.

GreatCanadian

Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I would help you but you're a Leafs fan.. :)

Mine asks me for my password. As someone above stated, you have to be sure your phone is actually locked. Are you positive that's the case?

GC

GreatCanadian

Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Great, glad you got it worked out, even though you're a Leafs fan...however, I cannot be harsh with you. As a Habs fan, I feel your pain!!

GC

hallux

Q&A Team
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
I've been getting that a lot lately. FPS worked flawlessly but lately it's been failing more times than not. And after 3 failed attempts it makes me do the pattern authorization.

I've had extremely dry hands the last week or so, to the point where my skin has cracked and I have cuts on my fingers. I just grabbed moisturizer this afternoon, but is it possible that's why the FPS is giving me trouble?

It's entirely possible. I read an article (it might have been on this site) where the author was complaining that a change in altitude changed the way his/her finger looked to the FPS and as such attempts to unlock with the fingerprint failed when atop a mountain, or at least in a different region at a higher elevation.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa