Hotspot issues

Curtendz

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Hey guys has anyone had problems using their 6P ad a wireless Hotspot? It let's my other device connect for about a minute and then it kicks it off and will not let it reconnect. Is this a known issue?

Posted via the Android Central App

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Haven't heard of one. My kids lean heavy on my 6P for on the go YouTube, and it's rock solid.

Any other data related issues with the phone?

Curtendz

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Not so far this is the first hiccup I've had. If you don't mind me asking g which carrier do you use? Or maybe my job is blocking it?

Benny Nielsen

Mar 22, 2016
Visit site
I would like to ask if anyone in here has issues, usig their 4G phone as hotspot?? I measure 120MBps on the phone but can't get over 30, using it as hotspot. What do I do wrong, if anything? Windows 10, lots of RAM, and a Galaxy S7 running Marshmallow. Thanks.

ccps

Jul 10, 2011
Visit site
I would get drop issues sometimes so I switched it to 5ghz connections instead of 2.4ghz. You can find this setting in the hotspot menu under "setup Wi-Fi hotspot" same place you setup your ssid password. I get a full 300mb connection on my laptop. Note that if you have a lower end device that is B/G radio it will only see the hotspot at 2.4ghz. So if you switch to 5ghz and your device cant's see it this would be why and you would need to switch it back to 2.4ghz. When I switched to 5ghz my connection was much more stable. Every once in a while I will get a pause of no internet connectivity on whatever is connected but then it clears up. I still have my grandfathered unlimited plan so i use it heavily. I'm on Verizon. DSL Reports I just got 4.9 megabyte down and 1.16 megabyte up. Not great but better than the poopoo DSL I have in the house.:)

scottysize

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
I used the 6P as a hotspot tons when I had a 6P. It worked great and never turned off for me on Verizon's network. (My 2 cents.)

dacolenutt

Apr 3, 2016
Visit site
Benny, if you find an answer please repost. I'm having same throttling issue. 20mbs on the phone, and no more than 3mbs with the shared hotspot to any device. I'm with sprint, and my wife's g6 has no problem sharing the majority of her speed via her hotspot.

dacolenutt

Apr 3, 2016
Visit site
I would like to ask if anyone in here has issues, usig their 4G phone as hotspot?? I measure 120MBps on the phone but can't get over 30, using it as hotspot. What do I do wrong, if anything? Windows 10, lots of RAM, and a Galaxy S7 running Marshmallow. Thanks.

Benny, if you find an answer please repost. I'm having same throttling issue. 20mbs on the phone, and no more than 3mbs with the shared hotspot to any device. I'm with sprint, and my wife's g6 has no problem sharing the majority of her speed via her hotspot.

dacolenutt

Apr 3, 2016
Visit site
Ok, when I change my security from Wpa2 to open (anyone can connect with no password) the throttling issue goes away. This will work for me in the country, but you city folk this may be a crappy solution.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38