Why do I hear no sound when I call "ok Google?"

GeneValgene

Sep 19, 2016
Visit site
this issue is driving me insane! it worked fine a couple weeks ago...now when i say OK google, the search launches with a vibrate. the phone talks to me and the OK google works fine....it's just the notification beep after launching OK google that's disappeared.

anyone find a definitive solution?

Trevozneoma

Dec 12, 2014
Visit site
I've just started experiencing this issue as well! It seems like a server-side change because it wasn't until a few days ago it started happening and like others I am able to get it to go away temporarily but then it comes back. If this is an A/B Test, please give me the option to have the sound back. It makes hands free much easier.

Donovan Smith1

Nov 7, 2015
Visit site
I've just started experiencing this issue as well! It seems like a server-side change because it wasn't until a few days ago it started happening and like others I am able to get it to go away temporarily but then it comes back. If this is an A/B Test, please give me the option to have the sound back. It makes hands free much easier.

I'm right there with you guys. Nexus 6 original and just started happening today. I clear data and it seems to fix it for a few minutes up to an hour but always reverts back to the issue. Glad I found this thread, was about to format the phone out of frustration. At least I'm not the only one. I assume we will need an app update to fix this...

Quir J

Sep 20, 2016
Visit site
I've been dealing with the same thing today if I say "Okay Google" or tap on the microphone button on my widget at my home screen it vibrates and when I get my search results it vibrates again this didn't use to happen until today & it's really annoying.

Agha Sheharyar

Sep 20, 2016
Visit site
Me also tried all the stuff from rebooting to uninstalling the app but nothing worked i was so much worried and spended my hour's in fixing this as the problem is same like you guys. The tune is still alive in headphones and bluetooth conectivity. Surely it is a bug and i think google will give a update to fix it.

Tomster88

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site

I'm having the same issue that just started a couple days ago. I have a Nexus 6p running nougat. Is there any kind of solution?

sage 1

Sep 20, 2016
Visit site
Re: Why do I hear no sound when I say "ok Google?"

"ok google" stopped making a sound it only vibrates now. how can I get the sound back. I am blind and need it.
does google ever help users?

Steve Kane

Sep 20, 2016
Visit site
It seems to be caused by the latest update of the Google app. I was able to restore the sound after uninstalling Google from the Play Store. The uninstall didn't completely remove Google from the phone; instead, it removed updates. I was able to reproduce the problem by clicking the Update button in the Play Store for the Google app.

Kiwinis

Aug 18, 2016
Visit site
I'm having the same problem on Nexus 6P. Just started suddenly. Was working fine. Volume high. No settings changed. Still on 6.01. Super frustrated. No sound when it's "listening" or searching but audio fine when giving a response

Philcraft

Sep 21, 2016
Visit site
Now my device (Nexus 5X) is also infected with this problem. No sound just vibration after the "OK Google" command. With headphones everything works fine, so it's obviously a software problem. I hope Google will fix it soon, I am so habituated to use this service as a home assistant.

Robert Denehy

Sep 21, 2016
Visit site
this issue is driving me insane! it worked fine a couple weeks ago...now when i say OK google, the search launches with a vibrate. the phone talks to me and the OK google works fine....it's just the notification beep after launching OK google that's disappeared.

anyone find a definitive solution?

Uninstall updates

Last edited by a moderator:

kevinx

Aug 7, 2010
Visit site
I have just, today, started getting the same problem. Up til yesterday, 'OK Google" would open the app and also make 'the sound'. Today, nothing! Same on my tablet (both Samsung). Heeeeeellllllpppppp, Google!

kevinx

Aug 7, 2010
Visit site
Same issue here. No acknowledgment tone on my s7 Edge, or Galaxy Tab s. The acknowledgment tone only disappeared from today, 210916. Before today, all was fine. Google, Pleeeeeeaase fix this! 😕
Thanks

Jo Bris

Sep 22, 2016
Visit site
Ok, so look I'm having an issue with ok Google. When I say ok Google, I'm not receiving audio feedback. It just opens the search, but I can't hear the normal notification sound that Google is activated. The phone vibrates, but no sound. Is anyone having this issue?

Posted via the Android Central App

I just ran into the same issue yesterday

Last edited by a moderator:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez