Why do I hear no sound when I call "ok Google?"

INicoDX

Oct 1, 2016
Visit site
Thanks! i from Argentina and i dont speak english very well. Yes. I having the same issue. I hate "clean master". I thinks only work for make troubles. My notification sound work well until today... i reinstall, clear cache and all the solutions read here..but only vibrate. No sound prompt. Thanks to much to all people here for helping!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
It's possible that they only fixed it in the beta version of the Google app (which you can sign up for on the Play Store page for the Google app). I'm not currently able to test a device that is not on my account (and therefore isn't on the beta), but will try to do so tomorrow.

MDMcAtee

Jul 4, 2014
Visit site
It's possible that they only fixed it in the beta version of the Google app (which you can sign up for on the Play Store page for the Google app). I'm not currently able to test a device that is not on my account (and therefore isn't on the beta), but will try to do so tomorrow.

Nope it's not fixed on the Beta.. At least for me.

Philcraft

Sep 21, 2016
Visit site
@INicoDX Reinstall or re enable Google TalkBack, then the Switch Access option should be there

@MDMcAtee There is nothing to fix. Cancelling the beep is "an intended experimental feature that we are testing to improve the user experience and latency on voice search." For more information read my post above.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
There is nothing to fix. Cancelling the beep is "an intended experimental feature that we are testing to improve the user experience and latency on voice search."

I wonder why I have the beep back, then. I suppose it may just be select users that don't have the beep ...

Sidoe

Oct 2, 2016
Visit site
This is so bazaar, in my case I went into accessibility and enabled lookout safe browsing and now I get the audible beep..

Philcraft

Sep 21, 2016
Visit site
I wonder why I have the beep back, then. I suppose it may just be select users that don't have the beep

Right, just selected users were robbed the beep, or better selected victims. But don't celebrate just yet that you got it back. I heard from some users that they were robbed again after a few hours. And they did nothing at the settings.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Sonuva ... :mad: You're right, it's gone again. But it does come back as soon as I re-enable TalkBack and then turn Switch Access on in the Settings>Accessibility menu.

NOLATechy

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
THANK YOU!! This worked for me. Finally got my beep back. This was really driving me crazy especially when I want holding the phone and couldn't feel the vibration. You are a God!

Dale Dean

Oct 4, 2016
Visit site
@INicoDX Reinstall or re enable Google TalkBack, then the Switch Access option should be there

@MDMcAtee There is nothing to fix. Cancelling the beep is "an intended experimental feature that we are testing to improve the user experience and latency on voice search." For more information read my post above.

I am having the same problem INicoDX is having. I'm running 4.4 and I have been able to re-enable talk back but the "switch access" option never appears in the accessibility>settings.

Like many I find this voice option useless without the notification that the phone is listening. Without it, it's really negatively affecting my user experience. I've become quite dependent on it for making calls, taking notes, setting alarms Etc.
I NEED the beep back Google!

Thanks everyone here for their hard work tracking down some great solutions!
Hopefully someone has one for our persistent quirk.

Liz Kril

Oct 8, 2016
Visit site
Ok, so look I'm having an issue with ok Google. When I say ok Google, I'm not receiving audio feedback. It just opens the search, but I can't hear the normal notification sound that Google is activated. The phone vibrates, but no sound. Is anyone having this issue?

Posted via the Android Central App

Go to settings. Accessibility. Vision . text to speech. Samsung text to speech.
Then call out "ok google" and you will hear the audio feedback.

Gberry216

Oct 13, 2016
Visit site
Ok, so look I'm having an issue with ok Google. When I say ok Google, I'm not receiving audio feedback. It just opens the search, but I can't hear the normal notification sound that Google is activated. The phone vibrates, but no sound. Is anyone having this issue?

Posted via the Android Central App

I went into Applications and Uninstalled all updates to Google. That brought back the sound notification when I say "OK Google"

dislandguy

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site
Had the same issue with Android 6.0.1 and doing what another user suggested (went into accessibility and enabled lookout safe browsing) FIXED THE ISSUE!

Old Stoneface

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
Had the same issue with Android 6.0.1 and doing what another user suggested (went into accessibility and enabled lookout safe browsing) FIXED THE ISSUE!
I don't see anything resembling "lookout safe browsing" under "Accessibility." Running 6.0, though.

I think I'm just going to boot Google Now off the phone and replace it with a launcher that, you know, works. The voice stuff does not, so it's worthless.

flipbeats

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
I think I read in another forum or post that this is part of an update by Google and they did do this on purpose. I kind of liked the sound myself but I guess they might of thought it's annoying... Idk.

Old Stoneface

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
Yeah, having positive feedback when you're using a speakerphone for voice dialling whilst driving down the road is "annoying."
rolleyes.gif

storvay

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site
So there you go. Just enable Switch Access and you got your sound back. Again though, just don't ask me WHY it works.

Awesome, thank you!

UK Galaxy S7 here. Reading through the posts, it became clear that I had neither talkback nor switch access options.

So I downloaded Google talkback from the Play store and the switch access option appeared. Enabled, fingers crossed, OK Google and...sound!!

Thanks again.

whitenack

May 20, 2010
Visit site
Just got a new (to me) Nexus 6P and noticed the little 'Ok Google' chime wasn't working. Found this thread and fixed it. Thanks so much!

Nunayabznz

Oct 16, 2016
Visit site
Awesome, thank you!

UK Galaxy S7 here. Reading through the posts, it became clear that I had neither talkback nor switch access options.

So I downloaded Google talkback from the Play store and the switch access option appeared. Enabled, fingers crossed, OK Google and...sound!!

Thanks again.
The OK Google sound came back with Clean Master, then I uninstalled CM and the sound left with it. Went to Settings > Availability > Switch Access, toggled it on and the sound is back. Why? Beats me. However, this causes the Always On Display of my Galaxy S7 to shut off, so I can no longer see the clock or notifications on the Standby screen. What are you experimenting with, Google? Sheeeeeesh.