Quick Reply Text Messaging

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Ok, So this may sound weird but for everyone here that had Developer Preview 3 then Preview 4 on their Nexus 6p's the quick reply for texting changed to a mini conversation view which is nice, however doesn't auto clear from the notification shade once you reply back to that person. Do you keep the message in the notification shade, or swype it away? Again in developer Preview 3, it auto cleared, in Android Polices' article regarding the developer preview, the editor said they liked the preview 4 more so, and I can understand why but did also admit that that that text message notification don't auto clear out anymore. Again, I'm just wondering what everyone here does. Thank You.

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
I guess I could see it being useful if you have a conversation going but I will get a new notification when the person responds so I guess I don't see the point of not clearing the notification. Maybe I'm missing something.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
No that's what I'm thinking as well. I mean I Swype it away as well. Just wondering what everyone else did as well.

TruPlaya187

Jun 3, 2011
Visit site
I like the way that it shows the conversation as well but what I was thinking was :

You get a text and you reply...the notification disappear. If you get another text from the same person, you get a new notification with the conversation from earlier + the new message and you can reply to the new message and then the notification disappear.

That would be the best implementation in my opinion.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I've also noticed that if you choose to quick reply from the notification bar and you get another message coming in, it cancels out what you were typing in the first message. Kind of annoying.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa