General 6p Questions

Diehlirious

Apr 20, 2016
Visit site
So I'm getting the Nexus 6p & wondering if 64gb vs 128gb storage really matters when buying it? I'll probably have or will be downloading a lot of music on my device, taking pictures (& using effects for them) & also recording videos from time to time. No downloading movies or TV shows. I'm not rich but I'll pay extra for the extra storage if needed.. If 64gb will do, I'm having a Frost vs. Gold problem. Up until recently I wanted Frost because I felt it was more unique. It's a premium white phablet among all the black, grey, silver/aluminum & gold phablets on the market. The gold version does look very sexy & elegant though.. That's also not to mention that I have to figure out the right case. I wasn't sure what was the right case for the Frost version 6p. I originally thought get a clear case to show it off but it seems like there are a lot of complaints about the clear cases turning yellow after a few months of use. For some reason I started to consider the Gold version of the 6p after that. Any advice would be a appreciated, thank you.

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
~53GB remaining (out of 64GB) after clean OS. You can decide if that's enough based on the amount of music that you plan to download. If you use the Google Photos https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...com.google.android.apps.photos&token=JZ9TxpwS app then the amount of photos/videos that you record doesn't matter much since they'll be backed up to the cloud automatically (depending on your network settings) and you could delete them off of your device.

Color = mostly irrelevant once you put a case on (unless it's a clear case) - my gold device only peeps out at the top and bottom. Front face is black regardless.

Diehlirious

Apr 20, 2016
Visit site
Thanks! & I was thinking the same thing about the color because of the front face. It's like eh, who cares if you can barely see it.. But if you can hold 7000 plus songs with 32gb I should be good with the 64gb version of the 6p because I'm only at a 1,000/1,500 songs max right now... I've been looking at the thread for the 6p cases & clicking on the links for the cases that people are using & that are available for the 6p, but there are so many choices it's hard to know..

grover5

Jan 23, 2013
Visit site
I have 64 GB and it's more than enough for me. I have 36 GB free currently. I'd vote for the frost one. You could get the rhinoshield bumper. Comes in black, blue, white and red. I like the red one quite a bit. That bumper will protect your phone for drops up to 11 feet. Search for the videos on YouTube. It will also allow to show off the back of your phone.

brewkelyn

Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
I had the frost 6p with Spigen's thin fit shell case also in white and it looked great. The case wasn't so much for protection but more for a better grip and helped me with not pushing the power/vol buttons accidentally. But it was a good match as the phone's color peeked thru on the top, bottom & FP sensor.

It was a gift and I ended up selling it after playing with it for a month. My Note 3 was still running flawless and needed the cash. Current situation is Note 3 has been sold and I'm waiting for another price drop on the 6p. I'm debating between the gold and silver myself. Had the note 7 but opted for a full refund with the recall.

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
I've been looking at the thread for the 6p cases & clicking on the links for the cases that people are using & that are available for the 6p, but there are so many choices it's hard to know.
Amazon is your friend there - I ordered 5 different holsters/cases and ended up returning 3 of them: one didn't look at all like the pictures, one was difficult to get out of the holster and one was too bulky. Kept the 4th one as a backup and am using the 5th one.

Graymonkey

Jul 21, 2016
Visit site
I've got the Bear Motion Ultra Slim case. It probably wouldn't save the phone from much of a drop. I only bought it for better grip and to avoid scratches.

As far as the 64 v 128gb size, I bought the 128. I have over 100gb empty but I figure it wasn't that much more and I can't add to it.

Trigati

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site
I bought the 128 GB and have 32.72 GB free. It all depends on how you intend to use your phone and its storage. My thoughts are always to get the biggest, because if you suddenly need more space than a smaller storage option, you can't add more.

brewkelyn

Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
Availability. Don't often come across a frost 6p for sale. I see Best Buy is offering the frost at the moment...

I'm desperate for a new phone. I don't think I can wait much longer for a price drop. I definitely have settled on getting a 6p tho.

brewkelyn

Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
What have you used your storage on? I'd like to know in case it could be a similar situation for me
Me? I usually have a couple of hundred songs on phone, maybe 2 large movie files, and whatever pics or videos I take (which I usually transfer to PC before long, videos add up quick). Maybe a few large apps or games but honestly I've easily managed with just 32gb but for $50 more you get double the storage. The trick for me is to not use my phone as a server or library for all my digital media. I keep on it what's relevant and backup what's not.
Oh and I did order the 64gb 6P in gold yesterday from Amazon. Considered buying from Newegg to save $30 in taxes but I wouldn't get it as quick (tmw) and nothing beats Amazon customer svc/returnability of something's not right.

Diehlirious

Apr 20, 2016
Visit site
Cool, thanks. I also agree & think you can get by with 64gb's.. I've been looking online and the lowest prices I see for a new 64gb version are around $450. I think maybe you could find one for 400 if you're lucky but it's kind of hard to imagine the 6p dropping to below 400. I'm still curios to see what smartphone deals are around for black Friday & if the 6p is involved but Idk if I can wait that long lol