No price drops because of Pixel (Black Friday, etc)

wanttowin1688

Oct 4, 2016
Visit site
So I was wondering if anyone thinks that there will NOT be a significant price drops on the 6P due to the fact that Google is trying to be a premium company. Similar to apple and high end clothing companisles certain products never get deep discounts instead they are just discontinued. I have noticed on Amazon even before the Pixel announcement that many size and color variations of the 6p were not in stock or not being sold on Prime. That is still the case and that leads me to believe we won't see a discount. I am not expecting the deep discounts as the Nexus 6 dropped to last year. However, a 64GB model for $300- $350 would be nice. Thoughts?

PhiPsi32

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
I'm not expecting anything profound. I think the 6P/5X are only around as cheaper options to support Project Fi.

Blurr26

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
So I was wondering if anyone thinks that there will NOT be a significant price drops on the 6P due to the fact that Google is trying to be a premium company. Similar to apple and high end clothing companisles certain products never get deep discounts instead they are just discontinued. I have noticed on Amazon even before the Pixel announcement that many size and color variations of the 6p were not in stock or not being sold on Prime. That is still the case and that leads me to believe we won't see a discount. I am not expecting the deep discounts as the Nexus 6 dropped to last year. However, a 64GB model for $300- $350 would be nice. Thoughts?
Back in July, Amazon had (for Prime members) the unlocked 6P(64) for $403 and the 6P(128) for $478. I'm hopeful there will be some sort of discounts come the holidays...

PhiPsi32

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
Watch out which version you get on Amazon. A prior poster ordered US version but vendor delivered international version. It wasn't immediately obvious.

Blurr26

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
Thanks. You're the second person to give me the heads up on that. I'll definitely be double checking before I order IF there's a price drop on the 6P. ;-)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87