Battery (un)availability

njstone9

Sep 7, 2014
Visit site
My battery is basically dead or getting close to it. Phone shuts down anywhere between 30% and 19%

In mid April I went to the Huawei service place in Singapore where I live and they told me they had no batteries in stock and I'd need to wait 2 weeks.

So I waited two weeks then called their hotline. Dude tells me he'll call back within 48 hours. No call.

I ring again. Different dude. Same promise. No call.

I ring again. This time dude apologises for the last 2 failures to call me, promises to call me the same day. No call.

Final time I called the dude says the reason they didn't call me back is because they have no batteries in stock (so it's fine to just ignore a promise to call back?)

It's now been over 4 weeks.

What the hell kind of mobile phone manufacturer runs out of stock for batteries for an entire month?? What am I supposed to do? Buy a new phone?

I want the Pixel 2. So I need the battery on my Nexus to be fixed so I can get through to November or December etc or whenever it'll be possible to get my hands on the hardest phone in the market to buy, ha ha.

But seriously. A month (and still counting) and the customer service are unable to tell me when the batteries will arrive in stock. They refused to confirm or deny they were aware of the existence of tracking numbers for shipments.

Awful. I'll never buy anything from Huawei ever again.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I'm so sorry this happened to you, OP. As someone who works in customer service, there is nothing worse than making promises you can't keep or won't keep. They should always follow up on a call, even if it is to tell you bad news about the product you're looking for. Hope you find a battery soon!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty