Notification removal

Averix

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Ok, this may be a dumb question, but how do you get rid of notifications? If you pull down, you get the grid of config things with no way of clearing the notifications. Am I missing something simple?

EvilMonkey

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
Ok, this may be a dumb question, but how do you get rid of notifications? If you pull down, you get the grid of config things with no way of clearing the notifications. Am I missing something simple?

There are two types. Permanent ones (like perhaps if you have music playing or are on a call), and then temporary ones, like you have an email or a text message or an app was updated. There should be a "Clear" button that gets rid of all of the temporary ones, or you can dismiss them one at a time by swiping them to the left or right (like you are swiping them off of the device).

Averix

May 17, 2010
Visit site
There should be a "Clear" button that gets rid of all of the temporary ones, or you can dismiss them one at a time by swiping them to the left or right (like you are swiping them off of the device).
This is great advice for everything but the Shield. It doesn't have either. There is no list of notifications when you swipe down and there is no clear button. It's a different animal and that's what has me confused as to how to get rid of the little monsters.

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
This is great advice for everything but the Shield. It doesn't have either. There is no list of notifications when you swipe down and there is no clear button. It's a different animal and that's what has me confused as to how to get rid of the little monsters.

Here's how it looks on mine:

I have the clear all button and the ability to swipe them away. nVidia didn't change the OS from "stock". They added the necessary Tegra stuff to it.

Averix

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Here's how it looks on mine:
I have the clear all button and the ability to swipe them away. nVidia didn't change the OS from "stock". They added the necessary Tegra stuff to it.
Not even close to what mine looks like. I'll have to do a screen shot when I get home. I get a grid of things starting with my account/name icon in the upper left. On a Nexus 4, there's the grid/list switcher button in the upper right to change between the swipe friendly list and the pointless settings grid. Notice on yours, there's not button to do the switch to grid. Mine must have gotten stuck in grid mode and now there's no button to change it back to list so I can clear those things. Ug.

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
Not even close to what mine looks like. I'll have to do a screen shot when I get home. I get a grid of things starting with my account/name icon in the upper left. On a Nexus 4, there's the grid/list switcher button in the upper right to change between the swipe friendly list and the pointless settings grid. Notice on yours, there's not button to do the switch to grid. Mine must have gotten stuck in grid mode and now there's no button to change it back to list so I can clear those things. Ug.

Swipe down from the left instead of the right. :)

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4

Averix

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Swipe down from the left instead of the right. :)

If that's all there is to it, I'm going to scream. I've been rebooting to kill off a full row of app update/download/message icons every so often. Why wouldn't they have the switcher toggle on that screen? Seems kind of silly to me.

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
If that's all there is to it, I'm going to scream. I've been rebooting to kill off a full row of app update/download/message icons every so often. Why wouldn't they have the switcher toggle on that screen? Seems kind of silly to me.

It presents as a tablet. On a tablet, that's how it works. :)

I just tested it. Works perfectly.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

Scott Kenyon

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
Don't be angry, it's a technicality that shouldn't present itself to you as a user. Not a bad design, persay, just maybe not the most intuitive.

Sent from my HTC One using Mobile Nations mobile app

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress