Oneplus 2 - proximity sensor issue - help

Sofikul Islam1

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
Hi, i bought a oneplus two a couple months back, brilliant phone and everything working as it should but i noticed once i was on a call for a good few mins say 5+ then i moved the phone away from my ear, the screen would not wake up. but say if it's only couple of mins or so then it would wake up. is this normal? this has been the issue from day one. ive updated the software to 6.0 marshmallow beta but its the same, messed around with settings but still no luck. is there anything i can do to get this working as normal. i didn't buy this direct from oneplus but from a seller on ebay but it was more or less brand new. i would really appreciate all the help in this matter.

Kind Regards

Sofikul

itguyjax8430

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
Hi, i bought a oneplus two a couple months back, brilliant phone and everything working as it should but i noticed once i was on a call for a good few mins say 5+ then i moved the phone away from my ear, the screen would not wake up. but say if it's only couple of mins or so then it would wake up. is this normal? this has been the issue from day one. ive updated the software to 6.0 marshmallow beta but its the same, messed around with settings but still no luck. is there anything i can do to get this working as normal. i didn't buy this direct from oneplus but from a seller on ebay but it was more or less brand new. i would really appreciate all the help in this matter.

Kind Regards

Sofikul

Welcome to Android Central!

Try getting a can of air and blowing in to the ear piece. Make sure not to get too close as to mist it and damage it but close enough to get some air in there. It could be some dust got in there and is covering the sensor.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez