Using a car mount?

doa70

May 1, 2016
Visit site
I'm thinking about getting a mount for the OP3 for my car and truck. Curious what everyone is using. I'm looking at the Scoche MagicMount but I have two concerns. I don't drive on highways very often. Most of my commute is on secondary and tertiary roads that are honestly not in great condition - very bumpy. I'm first concerned with the vent mounts potentially breaking the vent in the car. Is this an issue? It seems that would be a lot of weight hanging on a thin piece of plastic. My second concern is with putting on - well really removing - the metal plate. I don't think I'd put the plate on the case due to concern #1 - very rough conditions so I'd want to have the plate on the phone. I believe even with the Otterbox case there shouldn't be an issue with the magnets holding but looking for some info from someone with experience on this too.

ben55124

Feb 6, 2016
Visit site
I have a magnet mount that attaches to the vent. No issues yet with strain on vent or OP3 falling off. I have the metal plate attached to the interior of the OP3 Sandstone case. The magnet is strong enough to hold through the case. The metal plate is not noticeable - and if I want to remove it, not stuck on actual phone. I would try this before sticking plate to exterior -- the plate would likely snag on stuff and not look good.

I use the TechMatte MagGrip - though there are many other similar magnet mounts.

Kage_

Apr 5, 2010
Visit site
Check out the mountek smart phone mount. It uses the cd slot in the car to attach to the dash and holds phones very secure.

FishinNerd

Jul 16, 2016
Visit site
I highly recommend the ProClip system. You buy the specific base for your car model then the phone Holder for your specific phone. When you get a new phone just replace the holder, the car mount remains in place. ProClipusa.Com

Last edited:

doa70

May 1, 2016
Visit site
Check out the mountek smart phone mount. It uses the cd slot in the car to attach to the dash and holds phones very secure.

I was surprised how many of these CD slot mounts are out there considering I didn't think many head units had CD slots on the front of them any more. I know at least one of my two Alpine's does not - no idea about the other one, I never pay attention. I just plug in to USB and go. It's either podcasts, the radio or music from my "collection". I haven't put in a CD in easily a decade or more.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cloudsofmana