Buy 3T now or wait for next gen?

kevdazzler

Mar 6, 2017
Visit site
Hi there,

I am considering on buying the 3T now as I'm looking for a new phone.

I was thinking about the iphone 6s initially but would be paying much more.

The Google Pixel is also nice but again, id be paying more.

The 3T is currently $599 CDN, and have read great things about the phone.

Would it be better to wait for the next gen OnePlus 4/5? Any confirmed release date on this?

Thanks!

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
There's no confirmed release date, but I'd assume based on last year that we're within ~ 3 months of the new one. I'd definitely wait if it was me. Not to take anything away from the 3T, it's an awesome device, but if you hang out a couple months and there's still no info, 3T will still be there.

ThrottleJohnny

Trusted Member
Apr 1, 2014
Visit site
There's no confirmed release date, but I'd assume based on last year that we're within ~ 3 months of the new one. I'd definitely wait if it was me. Not to take anything away from the 3T, it's an awesome device, but if you hang out a couple months and there's still no info, 3T will still be there.

I agree. Can't wait to see what they come out with.

doa70

May 1, 2016
Visit site
I wouldn't count on a price drop. In the case of the 3T it started at a bit higher price than the 3 had. The price on the 3 did not drop.

krishnansasikumar

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
The 3T is a nice phone without doubt. The rumours about the new model points to an even better one. If you can wait, then do wait and see if the price point matches your budget.

If not the 3T is an awesome phone and you wouldn't regret it. If you like the iPhone, then you can get the iPhone 6s Apple refurbished one for a few dollars more than the 3T. I did that, but returned the phone since iOS isn't really to my liking

elrinfaer

Apr 17, 2011
Visit site
All things considered, I'd wait. Without knowing what the price of the new model will be, its possible that the 3T will be discounted once the 5T hits the market.

anon(1733)

Oct 14, 2009
Visit site
I just got the 3t now ordered today instead of the s8 plus. And if the next model is to my liking I'll buy that also. I try not to always wait for the next big thing. Although I definitely look forward to them I cannot sit back and wait. I'll just get what I want now and then switch later should I feel the need.

cconn

Banned
Jan 11, 2017
Visit site
The one thing that's pretty nice about OnePlus phones is you can usually sell your old model on eBay for a pretty decent price, which makes upgrading in a few months much less painful, IMO.

Matty

Q&A Team
Mar 15, 2014
Visit site
All things considered, I'd wait. Without knowing what the price of the new model will be, its possible that the 3T will be discounted once the 5T hits the market.

This is what happened when the OnePlus 3T launched. It replaced the OnePlus 3. I always say, if the release date of a new device is less than 2 - 3 months away and you can wait. Wait! It will definitely be worth it. 😃

That being said, I think if you picked up the OnePlus 3T now, you will still be a very happy customer. The Snapdragon 821 is a very good processor and would fly through any task you throw at it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa