Question Upgrading from note10 to S22 or wait for S24

hierarowl

Sep 30, 2023
Visit site
Hi, I have a note 10 which works fine except the occasional ghost touch which can be fixed easily by turning it off and on. Now, I am considering buying the S22 since there is not much difference with the S23 and not the ultra version since its is outside of my budget. However, now that there is only around 4 months until the S24 rumoured launch, I am also thinking of waiting for it. Is waiting for the S24 worth? Do you think there is gonna be big changes from S22 to S24 or is there only minor changes from the previous gen flagship phone?

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
All changes are going to be 'major' in terms of performance and camera features. Don't expect anything mind-blowing (practically since the last 3 or 4 years of iterations). Between the Note 10 and S24, however, you will see leaps and bounds of difference. Another thing to consider is security and updates; both the Note 10 and S22 will not be close to 'future proof' as the S24.

That being said, 4 months is still a long time. If you can wait it out, I'd recommend to do so and, worse case, the S22 will be even cheaper once the newest model comes out (and who knows, maybe a good trade in deal).

If budget is an issue, have you looked at FE phones? They're pretty good nowadays and offer a lot of the new ones without the hefty flagship price tag.